Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
Business Intelligence Analyst:
About the Role
As a Business Intelligence Analyst in the Product Operations team, you will hold a highly visible analytical role that requires interaction and partnership with leaders across the businesses. You will be responsible to conceptualize, design, and develop Tableau/Google Sheet dashboards to produce visually compelling business intelligence (BI) reporting solutions (reports, dashboards, cubes, interfaces, etc.) You will be responsible for running queries or scripts that power these dashboards; you will need to be proficient in SQL & Python and have the ability to independently drive deep-dive data analysis for business insights and recommendation.
This is a highly impactful role where the insights provided will directly impact the bottom line of the business. You will work extensively with product management teams, marketing teams, technical teams, finance, and operations team and help find opportunities to grow the business. You should be an expert with analyzing large data sets, enjoys diving deep into data analysis, discovering root causes, and designing long-term solutions.
What You'll Do
- Design and develop metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business and product decisions to improve product performance and influence product strategy
- Conduct deep-dive data analysis for business insights and recommendation
- Develop and maintain key BI data tables that are used to create dashboards & reports
- Maintain key metrics, dashboards & reports (Tableau, Google Sheets)
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or related field
- 1+ years of relevant professional work experience in analytics, business intelligence, market research or related field
- Experience gathering business requirements, using industry standard business intelligence tools to extract data, formulate metrics and build reports
- Experience using Tableau, advanced SQL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, big data, complex datasets
- Experience identifying and communicating analytical outcomes in person and in writing to both business and technical teams
- Experience with building & maintaining business reporting and dashboards
- Experience with automating Google Sheets using Python
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle and/or agile development environment with an emphasis on BI practices
- Solid understanding of source data, its strengths, weaknesses, semantics, and formats; solid knowledge of logical and physical data modelling concepts (relational and dimensional)
Nice to have
- Experience surfacing automated insights using descriptive analytics
- Experience in BI projects converting business needs to data warehousing and reporting solutions
- Both technically deep and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization
- Supply chain/logistics experience
About The Team
The Product Operations & Analytics team is a key part of project44's cross-functional product development teams, helping to drive every stage of product development through data analytic, statistical, and operational expertise.
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.