Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
project44 is looking for an Engineering Manager to join (and lead) our production ops engineering team in downtown Chicago. This person will oversee teams focused on strategic customer focused initiatives and ensuring proper operation of the system’s largest and longest-term clients. You will work in a fast-paced Agile environment who are designing, building, and implementing scalable micro-service systems consumed by companies around the world.
What you’ll do
- Act as a servant leader
- Promote technical innovation and execution excellence to accelerate API adoption in the freight industry
- Build software solutions which meet and exceed operating targets of reliability and performance with global customers and integration partners
- Attract, develop, and retain a high performing team, offering ongoing feedback, professional growth opportunities, and overall career guidance
- Employ agile based development methodologies, and introduce new modes of development practices aligned with changing business priorities and roadmaps
- Closely partner with product and business teams to influence product decisions, roadmaps and provide subject matter expertise
- Collaborate with product on prioritization and scheduling of product and engineering features
- Work with QA to develop and implement efficient data testing capabilities
Don't have everything listed? No problem! We'd still like to hear from you.
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email email@example.com. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.