Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
This person will own several key company initiatives as an integral part of the finance and strategy teams. Responsibilities include helping drive the strategy and accountability of the business through detailed operational forecasts, gross margin analysis, KPI and metrics reporting, quarterly business reviews and strategic financial planning across the company. She/he will play a critical role in modeling and executing the company strategy and ensuring we achieve our goals.
- Be the finance lead to all department leaders and drive improvements across the P&L with a strong focus on key trends and metrics.
- Provide month-end, quarter-end budget to actual variance analysis and lead the preparation of the annual operating plan by engaging with leadership to build strategic plans and targets and convert into the financial budget.
- Assist in preparation and presenting financial and operational KPIs and highlighting key business metrics, variance to budget and other relevant trends.
- Advanced experience in demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis related to all areas of the business.
- Lead budget owners through changes to monthly, quarterly, annual changes to forecast via cloud-based planning software (Adaptive Planning)
- Assist in financial analysis and modeling of possible M&A targets and help lead integration of any completed transactions
- Prepare and manage materials associated with any financing activities, including reporting requirements of current investors
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related degree.
- 10+ years of experience in Commercial Finance, FP&A, investment banking, private equity, consulting, or another related field.
- Must have: strong financial modeling skills and understanding of financial statement analysis including balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Demonstrated analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of key results.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across various teams to drive the right outcomes.
- High comfort level with Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint. Working knowledge of Netsuite and Adaptive Planning a plus.
- Able to work independently to meet deadlines within time constraints and detail-oriented.
- Can think critically about business challenges while simultaneously absorbing new knowledge and information.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic startup environment and can navigate the ambiguities that come with it.
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.