Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves three years in a row 2021, 2020, 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
Director Global Tax
The Director, Global Tax, is responsible for global compliance, accounting and reporting across all of project44’s locations and jurisdictions. The successful candidate is a strong leader and communicator with a demonstrated ability to effectively work with functions outside of tax. The role will also be responsible for building processes and controls around the tax function including future tax roles and systems for a rapidly scaling software business with multinational operations. The role will also oversee tax planning projects with third party tax advisors including the Company’s external accountants, KPMG.
Why would someone want to apply for this position?
Do you want to be part of something bigger? Do you like to build and design processes and practices? Project44 is building something revolutionary and needs top talent in a fast-paced growth environment. We constantly challenge our teams and employees to bring their best ideas and efforts. The tax position will help project44 add a key technical function to it’s accounting and finance department in order to build formal tax reporting and compliance processes and strengthen internal controls. The rapid scaling of the company will also bring a lot of projects including potential acquisitions, public company readiness and continued global expansion which will provide an enriching and rewarding experience for the candidate aspiring to lead the tax function for p44 or another company.
Critical Job Elements/Roles
- Ownership over p44’s tax provision and US GAAP accounting for taxes (international/ domestic)
- Tax compliance and oversight for statutory reporting in foreign countries
- Responsible for VAT, US sales and local tax compliance (US and EU-based countries are currently the main focus) and other indirect taxes.
- Transfer pricing planning and administration for existing and new entities / locations
- Tax controls planning, design and monitoring
- Tax planning and optimization of the Company’s tax assets and effective tax rate
- S. or Master’s in taxation or accounting
- CPA required
- 12+ years of related experience in tax in similar or increasing role(s) of responsibility
- Experience with taxation of equity awards in the US (non-US experience desirable)
- Demonstrated knowledge of US tax regulations for foreign operations.
- Demonstrated experience in broader tax roles across different topics / areas (US federal, application of US federal taxes / GAAP accounting for non-US/international matters)
- Demonstrated leadership over planning and execution of tax strategies
- Demonstrated knowledge of tax accounting and rules in various jurisdictions
- Knowledge of Saas / cloud computing tax issues and treatment
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.