Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves three years in a row 2021, 2020, 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments
project44 is revolutionizing the freight and logistics industry by applying cutting edge technologies to automate the entire lifecycle of freight shipments including quoting, scheduling, and real-time visibility. project44’s network of APIs is capable of optimizing the shipment lifecycle, empowering companies to deliver the best customer experience possible, and provide up to date data while cutting costs along the way.
We are looking for an Associate Software Engineer to join the Project44 Engineering team in Poland! You will work in a fast-paced Agile team to design and implement Java applications.
- Build high quality software for large scale and highly available systems
- Break down complex requirements into workable technical solutions
- Ability to develop in a fast-paced, quality-driven environment
- Willingness to vocalize your ideas and pick yourself up if you get knocked down
- Comfortable with TDD best practices
- Review the work done by other team members to make sure it adheres to the standards
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies
- Outstanding programming and problem-solving skills
- Fearless about learning new technologies and technical approaches to application development
- Strong desire to build products that will have a daily impact on one of the World’s largest industries
- Play an influential role in growing project44 to the industry leader in technology
Requirements & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Stickler for clean, clear and concise code
- Intellectual curiosity to pursue the unknown and continuously learn
- At least 1 year of Software Development experience (software design, architecture, implementation, deployment, and support)
- 1+ years of development in Java
- Experience working with a SaaS product, preferred
- A proactive mindset
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Experience with AWS or other cloud provider is a huge plus
- Strong knowledge of Web Services (REST)
- Experience with the Spring Portfolio including the Spring Boot
- Experience with Docker is a huge plus
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Tools We Work With
- Ansible for configuration management and remote orchestration
- Linux (Ubuntu), Tomcat, Nginx, Spring Boot
- Kafka, Zookeeper, ELK stack, Aurelia
- Postgres, Redis
- Hadoop, Spark
- Zabbix, Grafana, New Relic
- Git, Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Artifactory, Slack
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.