Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves in 2018 and 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
You would be joining our fast-growing DevOps team in downtown Chicago! You will help evaluate and choose emerging technologies - containers, auto-scaling, self-healing capabilities, performance and code quality tooling, etc. You would determine the right tool for the right task. You will analyze and improve the reliability, scalability, and efficiency of our systems through both automation and code development within the dev teams. You’re an empathetic engineer who will drive DX (Developer Experience) improvements through automation and standardization - (Push button deployments, Automated Rollbacks). You will champion security practices and protective design. Lastly, you will triage platform issues responding to automated alerts/pages, perform advanced troubleshooting and monitoring of our systems to ensure SLA and capacity requirements.
What you’re most excited for:
- Operating cloud infrastructures.
- Cloud Native design and practices.
- Operating a platform on Kubernetes.
- Coding/Scripting in Bash, Golang, Groovy, Java, Python.
- Configuration/Infrastructure management using Ansible or Terraform.
- Developing solutions leveraging Docker.
- Monitoring tools such as CloudWatch, Grafana, Prometheus, Stackdriver.
- Relational databases (Postgres).
- NoSQL databases (MongoDB).
- Continuous integration, testing, and deployment using Cloud Build, git, Jenkins or similar systems.
- Tools we work with: AWS,GCP, Ansible and Terraform, Linux (Ubuntu), Tomcat, Nginx, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, Golang, Groovy, Java, Python, Kafka, Zookeeper, MongoDB, Postgres, Redis, Grafana, ELK stack, Artifactory, Github, Jenkins, Confluence, Jira, Slack.
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.