Revenue Accounting Manager
The Revenue Accounting Manager manages the daily activities and the staff involved in the order to cash process. The role ensures compliance with applicable policies and reviews contracts to ensure that revenue is recorded in compliance with GAAP. The role directs the global month-end revenue close and is responsible for managing audit and other processes with external auditors and other 3rd parties as needed. As the Company is in a high growth mode, the role provides input to strategic decisions that affect revenue recognition or aspects of the process. The role will also provide significant input into developing the revenue forecast. The role also oversees development and compliance with revenue cycle controls and implements and optimizes systems to increase scaling capabilities and compliance.
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves three years in a row 2021, 2020, 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
Critical Job Elements/Roles
- Worldwide revenue recognition management in accordance with US GAAP, assurance of compliance with ASC 606 requirements
- Responsible for key order to cash processes globally including billing , revenue recording, accounts receivable and cash application)
- Coordination and support of the revenue forecasting process with FP&A
- Oversight of revenue accounting policies to ensure they are documented and applied consistently
- Build and oversee a high-performing revenue team, investing in others to help them grow, creating a positive working environment, and collaborating cross-functionally and within the accounting and finance teams
- Build positive relationships with global Sales organization, Accounting and FP&A team and senior management in order to effectively resolve issues
- Design and management over internal controls and SOX readiness for revenue processes
- Key contact with external auditors to review accounting assessments and to manage diligence reviews and annual audits
- Management / oversight of Zuora subscription management/revenue tool, as well as any future applications used to support revenue accounting, forecasting and reporting
- Participation in special projects as required such as potential acquisition due diligence and integration
- B.S. or above degree in Accounting, CPA required
- 8-10 years of related experience in similar accounting roles or as a revenue manager previously.
- Extensive knowledge of ASC 606 generally
- Experience with Saas and services revenue accounting
- Experience with Zuora and Netsuite
- Ability to conduct technical accounting research and document findings
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills as well as ability to effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate, guide and interact professionally with a wide range of personnel at various levels within the organization to drive sound business decisions Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, but also comfortable with ambiguity
- Execution-focused, with the ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner
- Ability to effectively present information with confidence and accuracy to various levels of internal management and external auditors
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt to change
- Ability to train and develop employees
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.