Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves three years in a row 2021, 2020, 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
As the Director of Communications, you will represent our company and help manage our brand and communications with employees, industry stakeholders, analysts, press and media and the public at large. You’ll be responsible for internal and external communications for project44. Inside the company, you’ll be a part of a close-knit marketing team and contribute to development of the overall strategy and messaging plan. You will work closely with the People team for employee communications, company events and support Inclusion & Diversity initiatives. You’ll be responsible for finding unique ways to communicate the company’s mission and values so that they’re embedded in everything we do.
The ideal candidate will have well-rounded B2B experience in corporate communications, PR, and analyst relations. This role will report directly to the CMO at project44 and will work cross-functionally with many departments, including Product, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Senior Leadership, to ensure project44’s continued success.
- Compose, research and edit communications materials including press pitches, press releases, policy talking points and white papers, blogs, talking points and speeches/presentations for executives
- Manage our agency relationships for external content creation
- Assist in preparation of company spokespeople for media engagements
- Build relationships with key business media contacts at the national and local levels
- Spearhead internal communications initiatives that help connect company employees to the brand
- Work with multiple stakeholders across the organization to support key company objectives -- by leveraging, shaping and better articulating the brand across all channels and projects.
- 7+ years experience as a business communicator; experience at a fast-paced public or private entity required
- Strong relationships with national business press preferred
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and package top-notch content on rapid deadlines
- Preferred experience in a B2B enterprise SaaS environment
- Strong pitch and verbal communications skills with the ability to diplomatically advance a position
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.