Vice President of People
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves in 2018 and 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Vice President of People to lead a team to lead and build a team to achieve and exceed our company goals. The right candidate will be an experienced SaaS leader who can build, scale and manage a team during hyper growth, including via international expansion and growth via M&A.
Responsibilities: What you’ll do
- Leading the global 'People' org as a product and driver of the business
- Being a trusted strategic partner and advisor to the CEO, CFO, senior leadership and management teams
- Building strong connections and communication lines among employees and between project44 headquarters and its global offices
- Serving as the subject matter expert for all employment related matters including payroll, benefits and employee relations
- Shaping, nurturing and championing project44’s open culture
- Leading all ER issues on a global scale
- Driving to standardize globally on the most effective methods, policies and procedures for managing talent (i.e., interviewing and assessing new hires; calibrating, rewarding and promoting employee performance; handling employee relations)
- Design org structures, leadership development plans and bench strategies
- Oversee the recruiting as well as professional learning and development function
- Build a strong global People platform for project44, both internally and externally, and be the culture bearer for the company
Requirements: The experience you should have
- 10+ years of progressive HR / People leadership experience
- Progressive HR mindset
- You’ve helped build great companies and cultures from the ground up
- Reputation for being a strong leader and game-changer
- Smart, strategic, impactful, well-liked and admired
- Innovative, passionate, entrepreneurial, collaborative and listens well
- Proactive, thoughtful, empathetic, responsive, organized and actionable
- Poised and polished presenter and can readily connect with employees at all levels
- Tech industry experience preferred, specifically in a hyper-growth environment
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree a plus
- High-growth and international expansion experience a strong plus
- M&A is a strong plus
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.