Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves in 2018 and 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
International Accounting Manager
This Manager role reports into the Global Controller and is primarily responsible for ensuring timely preparation, accuracy and integrity of international activity consolidated legal entity financials. This position will be a key contributor in p44’s business and close process as it relates to our non-US organization structure and in the consolidations and in the expansion of our international business. Additional responsibilities will include supporting customer contracting and the revenue cycle for non-US customers, consolidations and eliminations, reconciliations, key management reporting packages, and support to the non-US team. The candidate must have strong organization and communication skills, be a strategic thinker and have the ability to coordinate activities and projects in a multinational context. At the same time, the role will initially be responsible for booking journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, and assisting with the monthly financial close of the Company’s international subsidiary reporting so the candidate will have to be able to shift focus between the big picture and lower levels effortlessly.
- Month-end reporting, statutory reporting, coordination of activities with the Denmark local outsourcing partner for close activities.
- Prepares and assists in the review and preparation of journal entries and month-end reconciliations.
- Oversees the development and accounting for our Transfer Pricing policies and intercompany balances activities.
- Supports the budgeting and analysis team with acquiring information and preparing any needed information for performance analysis and results follow-up.
- Drives improvements in processes or policies, identifies accounting issues and assist others as necessary resolving issues.
- Supports local management with revenue reporting and other KPIs as needed.
- Assists local auditors in annual audits for statutory and financial reporting purposes.
Critical Job Requirements
- 4-6 years’ relevant experience with financial accounting close and reporting including GL closing, journal entries, foreign currency accounting, transfer pricing and intercompany accounts. Demonstrated awareness of the challenges and topics associated with setting up and administering foreign operations from a multinational organization perspective.
- Experience with legal entity accounting and intercompany transaction.
- Bachelors/Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or international equivalent.
- CPA or international equivalent.
- Experience working with multiple currencies and FX transactions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a high-growth, fast paced environment with the ability to work extended hours as needed to meet with non-us colleagues.
- An inquisitive and mature mindset will be beneficial in this role. Being able to get to the detail but also being able to step back from the detail and analyze the bigger picture will be key to developing your career in this space.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, manage, and prioritize various responsibilities
- Strong systems skills, comfort with new systems (Netsuite, Zuora, Microsoft suite of applications).
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.