project44 is looking for a Director of Engineering with a proven track record that can bring the passion, work ethic and expertise needed to lead a strong Engineering team at a fast-growing tech startup. This is a senior leadership role focused on scaling the organization and practices and delivering best-in-class functionality and usability, with high quality, at a competitive velocity, managing direct reports and driving agile product delivery across multiple teams. The group includes teams that are responsible for both front-end and backend components for our Freight API SaaS service and partners closely with Product Management.
- Promote technical innovation and execution excellence to accelerate API adoption in the freight industry
- Build software solutions which meet and exceed operating targets of reliability and performance with global customers and integration partners.
- Attract, develop and retain a high performing team, offering ongoing feedback, professional growth opportunities, and overall career guidance
- Employ agile based development methodologies, and introduce new modes of development practices aligned with changing business priorities and roadmaps
- Closely partner with product and business teams to influence product decisions, roadmaps and provide subject matter expertise
- Collaborate with product on prioritization and scheduling of product and engineering features
- Working with QA to develop and implement efficient data testing capabilities
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of experience with developing and shipping commercial B2B SaaS software applications, platforms and systems with paying customers
- Minimum 5 years in leadership roles of increasing responsibility and scope managing engineers and engineering managers and have directly managed groups larger than 20 people
- Track record of building credibility and trust with talented software engineers, peers, and cross-functional teams based on competence, not title or authority
- Managed groups across different geographic locations
- Expertise in deploying test driven development and automated testing across teams moving towards continuous delivery
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and supporting tools such as Jira, Confluence, Rally, etc.
- Dynamic & driven individual with enthusiasm for working in a high-profile, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proven track record of working in a fast paced, competing priority environment, capable of partnering with and communicating across multiple functions and teams
- Excellent communications skills and can speak directly to executives and customers in fast-developing situations, and write critical customer communications