project44 is revolutionizing the freight and logistics industry by applying cutting edge technologies to automate the entire lifecycle of freight shipments including quoting, scheduling, and real-time visibility. project44’s network of APIs is capable of optimizing the shipment lifecycle, empowering companies to deliver the best customer experience possible, and provide up to date data while cutting costs along the way.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Owner to bring the passion, work ethic and expertise needed to lead key product initiatives at a fast-growing tech startup. You will work as a member of a highly motivated team responsible for managing the complete product lifecycle to ensure success in terms of both revenue and the timely release of new products and capabilities. You will work closely with your counterparts on the Development team to ensure successful product delivery as well as collaborate with extended team members in Marketing, Sales, Support, and other departments.
- Research and define product user stories to assist with development of the platform.
- Help manage the product backlog related to development including new product features and enhancements to existing product components based on customer needs and product vision
- Collaborate with Engineering and QA teams during sprints to deliver solutions in an Agile manner
- Help execute product rollout tasks for major and minor release deployments
- Document, promote and socialize team accomplishments to both internal and external audiences
- Establish internal templates and formalize processes related to development, testing, and deployment
- Contribute to product strategy and roadmaps, develop product opportunity assessments, conduct competitive analysis, help define user and buyer personas
- Work closely with customers and partners to garner feedback and understand their evolving business needs
- Define, gather and report to internal stakeholders on metrics related to ongoing product development
Requirements & Preferred Skills:
- 4+ years of software product analysis and/or software product development experience, preferably building & releasing technically complex offerings and ideally in the Shipping & Logistics industry
- Direct experience developing technology products for cloud-based SaaS companies, preferably with portfolios that feature modern API or middleware products
- Strategic thinker who can blend business strategy with knowledge of products and technology to develop and execute a long-term product roadmap
- Strong communication skills; ability to speak to, as well as influence, engineers, project managers, sales counterparts, corporate leadership, partners, and customers
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to rapidly develop and cultivate relationships with peers, partners, and key influencers
- Ability to identify and discuss both the big picture as well as necessary details to bring ideas to fruition
- Ability to see all tasks through to completion, consistently, with a high attention to detail
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- This position requires occasional travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America