** Seeking applicants that reside in Santa Cruz, CA
** UNABLE TO PROVIDE RELOCATION OR VISA SUPPORT (sorry).
A little about us
Are you inspired by creating solutions to seemingly impossible business problems, using design-led, cloud-based software? Those are the challenges we take on behalf of our clients, crafting custom deliveries when they have no where else to turn.
We are a multidisciplinary team of engineers, project managers, designers and strategists who like to think of ourselves as digital artisans. We’re passionate about and focused on delivering outstanding software solutions for our partners. We crush APIs, back-end systems, web apps, mobile development, strategy, management, code, design, craft beer, music, bikes, surfing and we’re a lot of fun to work with. Do you want to work in a place surrounded by great restaurants and shops that’s just a mile from the beach? Join us! In the heart of downtown Santa Cruz, CA.
What we’re looking for
We're looking for motivated and passionate people who enjoy working in a team-oriented, ego free environment. The most successful candidates value ownership and collaboration and are self motivated, detail oriented problem solvers. We're looking for someone who's passionate about solving problems for users.
We strive to learn and understand our clients’ needs, their users’ needs, and the organizations’ requirements as a whole. User experience is at the forefront of everything we create and you’ll bridge the gap between back-end developers and project managers while driving the user experience through requirements translation and front end implementation. As a UX engineer, you’ll collaborate closely with all team members to solve complex challenges and create the best possible solutions for the problems at hand.
This is an important role in our company and here are some things we will consider:
- Design and develop the front ends of a variety of software solutions from mobile to enterprise level business systems.
- Work closely with project managers and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end user experiences.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices throughout the organization. “Design First!”
- Show up with a stellar work ethic and live a stellar home life each day
- Lead by example
- Launch, iterate and make a difference
- Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external), strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, HCI, Design, or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of relevant work experience in software development
An above and beyond candidate would also have
- Great verbal and written communication skills- this role is often client facing
- Desire and ability to mentor less experienced engineers
- Positive attitude and demeanor
- Enthusiastic when embracing new challenges
- Ability to listen patiently and learn from others
- A willingness to teach and help others
- A good sense of humor is important
What we offer
- Consistent challenges
- Great teammates to work with
- A competitive salary based on contribution
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and 401k
- A stocked fridge and kitchen for everything from breakfast and lunch to happy hour
- Free parking (parking passes are hard to come by in downtown Santa Cruz)
- A corporate gym membership at Paradigm Sport
- A complete lack of dull moments