Senior Android Developer
** Seeking applicants that reside in Santa Cruz, CA
** UNABLE TO PROVIDE RELOCATION OR VISA SUPPORT (sorry).
A little about us.
Are you inspired by creating solutions to seemingly impossible business problems, using design-led, cloud-based software? Those are the challenges we take on behalf of our clients, crafting custom deliveries when they have no where else to turn.
We are a multidisciplinary team of engineers, project managers, designers and strategists who like to think of ourselves as digital artisans. We’re passionate and focused on delivering outstanding software solutions for our partners. We crush APIs, back-end systems, web apps, mobile development, strategy, management, code, design, craft beer, music, bikes, surfing and we’re a lot of fun to work with. Do you want to work in a place surrounded by great restaurants and shops that’s just a mile from the beach? Join us! In the heart of downtown Santa Cruz, CA.
What we’re looking for.
We’re looking for motivated and passionate people who enjoy working in a team-oriented, ego free environment. The most successful candidates value ownership and collaboration and are self motivated, detail oriented problem solvers. We’re looking for
- minimum 5 years experience – android application/framework development
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with android design principles
- Experience with web-services such as RESTful APIS, OAuth, JSON
- Comfortable working with agile methodology and tools
- Work closely with UX designers, project management and other developers to build applications with best possible user experience
- Collaborate with and provide feedback to backend teams responsible for the APIs and other services supporting the mobile applications
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Android native applications
- A team player who is effective working independently and collaboratively
- An ideal team player: You are humble, hungry and people-smart, and you thrive on a diverse team.
- A doer: You are detail-oriented, obsessed with excellence, and personally offended by mediocrity. You can’t wait to roll-up your sleeves and get things done.
- An open communicator: You demonstrate empathy for our students and your colleagues, and are comfortable holding yourself and your teammates accountable for meeting shared goals.
- Prior experience developing Android applications preferred; ideally, you have a record of successfully distributing applications in the Play Store.
- Strong proficiency in Java and in Kotlin
An above and beyond candidate would also have:
- Great verbal and written communication skills- this role is often client facing
- Desire and ability to mentor less experienced engineers
- Positive attitude and demeanor
- Enthusiastic when embracing new challenges
- Ability to listen patiently and learn from others
- A willingness to teach and help others
- A good sense of humor
What we offer.
- Consistent challenges
- Great teammates to work with
- A competitive salary based on contribution
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and 401k
- Stocked fridges and kitchen for everything from breakfast and lunch to happy hour
- Free parking (parking passes are hard to come by in downtown Santa Cruz)
- A corporate gym membership at Paradigm Sport
- A complete lack of dull moments