A little about us.
Are you inspired by creating solutions to seemingly impossible business problems, using design-led, cloud-based software? Those are the challenges we take on behalf of our clients, crafting custom deliveries when they have no where else to turn.
We are a multidisciplinary team of engineers, project managers, designers and strategists who like to think of ourselves as digital artisans. We’re passionate and focused on delivering outstanding software solutions for our partners. We crush APIs, back-end systems, web apps, mobile development, strategy, management, code, design, craft beer, music, bikes, surfing and we’re a lot of fun to work with. Do you want to work in a place surrounded by great restaurants and shops that’s just a mile from the beach? Join us! In the heart of downtown Santa Cruz, CA.
What we’re looking for.
We’re looking for motivated and passionate people who enjoy working in a team-oriented, ego free environment. The most successful candidates are detail oriented self-starters, delivery focused problem solvers and collaborators. We’re looking for someone who’s been developing code in the business and tech world and thrives in a high energy, open office atmosphere. This means you’ve got at least 3 years of experience and demonstrated skills in the following:
- Cloud Formation scripting for deployment in particular with Jenkins
- IoT platform
- Appropriate use of EC2, ECS and Lambda
- API Gateway
- EBS and ALB
- Monitoring configurations using Cloud Watch and Kibana
- Cloud Watch dimensions
- Familiar with the well architected principles and can work with architects and developers to create system architectures
- Good Node.JS coding skills
- Familiar with Swagger or equivalent
- Experience as a Team Lead and Software Architect
- Ability to motivate and coach others
An above and beyond candidate would also have:
- Great verbal and written communication skills- this role is often client facing
- Desire and ability to mentor less experienced engineers
- Positive attitude and demeanor
- Enthusiastic when embracing new challenges
- Ability to listen patiently and learn from others
- A willingness to teach and help others
- A good sense of humor
What you'll be doing.
- Working with the client’s development resource to architect and implement an IoT solution
- Leading a multiple development teams working various aspects of an IoT solution
- Creating DevOps tools for deployment and management of solutions
- Works well with Project / Client Manager to estimate and prioritize tasks
What we offer.
- Consistent challenges
- Great teammates to work with
- A competitive salary based on contribution
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and 401k
- A stocked fridge and kitchen for everything from breakfast and lunch to happy hour
- Free parking (parking passes are hard to come by in downtown Santa Cruz)
- A corporate gym membership at Paradigm Sport
- A complete lack of dull moments