At Productiv, we're going after the problem that every company faces today: an explosion of SaaS applications in-use (always hundreds, sometimes thousands), with more and more purchased outside of IT. Managing all of these applications, from securing them to provisioning them to renewing them to answering questions of "am I getting fair business value from each" is overwhelmingly complicated in breadth and depth.
Our real-time data- and analytics-centric approach to enterprise SaaS management at scale is trusted by CIOs at innovative companies like Square, Equinix, Okta, Zoom, Dropbox, Equifax, and Uber as their system of record. We’re on a journey to transform how enterprises think about SaaS and the impact it can have on their organizations. Productiv has raised over $70M from Tier 1 investors including Accel, IVP, Norwest, and Okta and is led by experienced founders from Google, Amazon, and LinkedIn. Productiv is a team like no other. We’re a fast-moving results-oriented team with a strong culture that values family, fun, diversity, and mutual respect as much as earning customer love. We tackle hard problems and huge opportunities together, working as a tight-knit highly collaborative team.
About the Role
We’re seeking a results-driven Sales Engineer with energy, technical prowess, and a strong work ethic.
You will be the technical counterpart for all of the sales opportunities for the organization and will partner with Account Executives to drive a technical win. You will also work closely with the CS team to do a warm hand-off post customer acquisition. You are outgoing with a dynamic and motivated personality and are able to excite prospects about becoming Productiv customers. You are data-driven and are able to pitch our product as you understand how it leads to true benefits.
- You'll partner collaboratively with the Account Executive and Customer Success Manager as the ultimate product expert during the pre-sale process
- Evangelize the Productiv vision and complete value proposition through customer meetings, product demonstrations, in-market events, and account-specific initiatives
- Drive a technical win within a sales cycle
- Manage the fulfillment of all RFP/RFI documents and security questionnaires by collaborating with cross-functional groups within the business
- Build direct relationships with technical counterparts on the customer side, including C-Suite members and help accelerate opportunities.
- Advocate your customers’ implementations and maintain customer satisfaction by ensuring timely resolution for any customer service related issues
- Be a part of a growing start-up culture and have the opportunity to lead and influence
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Technically curious, and a passion for changing the way people work
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise SaaS applications: typical features, license tiering, administration, internal requirements
- Knowledge of API structures, ability to troubleshoot and run diagnostics live with customers
- Ability to ad-hoc data analysis & validation using Excel (pivot tables, formulas, etc, but not macros)
- General familiarity with InfoSec, SOC2, GDPR, and the latest security and compliance standards IT departments are typically concerned about
- Technologically adept and has business acumen focused on outstanding communication both written and oral, and presentation skills
- Customer empathy and navigation, ability to recognize and extract customer goals while steering the path towards the fastest time to value
- Ability to align technology solutions and product demonstrations to complex, multi-stakeholder business problems and utilize strategic thinking skills to solve customer problems
- Passion for building long-lasting customer relationships and working cross-functionally within a diverse team to deliver outstanding results in a fast-paced and continually evolving environment
- Bachelor's degree (familiarity with sales training methodologies is a plus)
- Ability to travel when required
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, 100% paid for you and your family
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time and sick time
- Free lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Game-changing company vision