Productiv is a rapidly growing Series B startup that enables enterprises’ IT and Finance teams to take a data- and analytics-centric approach to understanding and driving adoption of SaaS applications at scale. In a modern world where productivity matters more than ever and companies have hundreds of SaaS applications, Productiv’s automated, real-time collaborative platform enables not only significant IT productivity gains, but also understanding and driving productivity across the entire organization. CIOs at innovative companies like Square, Equinix, Okta, Fox, Zoom, Dropbox, Conga, and Uber trust Productiv for delivering better employee experience, increasing business agility, and driving RoI from their entire portfolio of SaaS applications.
Backed by Tier 1 investors including Accel, Norwest, and Okta and led by experienced founders from Google, Amazon, and LinkedIn, Productiv is a team like no other. We’re a fast-moving results-oriented team with a strong culture that values family, fun, diversity, and mutual respect as much as earning customer love. We tackle the hardest problems and the largest opportunities together, working as a tight-knit highly collaborative team. If you would have leaped at joining Amazon in 1997, Google in 1999, Salesforce in 2001, or Facebook in 2006, this is your chance to have a massive industry-level impact.
An explosion in enterprise SaaS adoption has led to a rapid increase in both the number of enterprises moving to an all-SaaS world, and the number of SaaS applications being used per company. However, enterprises lack tools to know what applications they are using, if they are using them right, or if they are even using the right applications. Productiv solves these by providing automated and intelligent ways for enterprises to manage and optimize their growing SaaS portfolio while maximizing employee productivity.
To accomplish this, we use our engineering muscle as our biggest advantage. We leverage cutting-edge technologies to build enterprise-grade Saas Management web-applications and backend systems. Oh, and we need great engineers as well (this is where you come in...read on).
About the Job
As the Backend Leader helping build/scale our product, you will manage a team of highly-skilled backend engineers. You will split your time among hands-on work (design/architecture, coding, and implementation), project management, and people management. The ideal candidate will enjoy whiteboard coding conversations with direct reports as much as career coaching and mentoring.
This includes rapid prototyping of new ideas, design and coding of new systems, as well as defining the strategic direction for our broader system architecture to enable our product and company to successfully scale. In addition to the hands-on aspects of this job, you will also have technical leadership/management responsibilities including hiring, mentoring, and developing top engineering talent. You are somebody who is customer-centric, enjoys building complex system software that achieves operational goals, and thrives in a fast-paced environment (we ship code every week).
Role and Responsibilities
- Own all aspects of product development, from prototyping new ideas to designing and coding new systems to setting strategic architectural direction
- Act as the technical leader, helping with design/architecture work, coding, and implementation
- Manage a team of software engineers--hire, mentor, and develop top engineering talent
- Define and drive the strategic direction of the software architecture
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience building multi-tiered, distributed backend systems using SOA, with at least 3 years in a leadership or management role
- Expertise in system design, including building highly scalable systems
- Excellent project management skills, with experience building complex software systems, scoping requirements, and successfully launching products
- Technical leadership experience in building complex software systems from scoping requirements to actual launch
- Outstanding coding skills in a high level programming language (e.g. Go, C++, Java)
- Expertise in utilizing either SQL or NoSQL databases
- Experience with development using AWS
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field, advanced degree preferred
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, 100% paid for you and your family
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time and sick time
- Free lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Game-changing company vision