Pro.com is a venture-backed, technology-based General Contractor in the home improvement, remodeling and new construction market. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are poised for rapid growth with the vision to be the world's most customer-centric provider of services for the home.
As the Construction Manager, you will oversee a team of San Francisco based Project Managers and Expeditors to ensure a positive customer experience while delivering safe, quality, on-time, on-budget projects throughout the market. You will orchestrate day to day construction operations in the San Francisco market including: managing team schedules, running the daily construction huddle, conducting weekly 1:1s with each team member, providing oversight and guidance on key project decisions, de-escalating customer issues, liaising with sub sourcing estimation and planning teams to minimize risk. This is a leadership role that will engage with senior leadership and have the ability to influence key decisions in the San Francisco market.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a culture of safety. Maintain 100% compliance with all safety rules and regulations through leveraging technology and building partnerships between Project Managers and Expeditors
- Ensure projects are executed to achieve on time, on budget, quality and safety outcomes, with the highest level of personal integrity, accountability and customer centricity
- Lead change; drive adoption of the Pro.com company culture, processes and approach. Enable change through software adoption, test and learn, and the process of continuous improvement in the construction practice
- Execute capacity planning & allocation for San Francisco; map project managers to projects in planning and forecast availability for pipeline work. Maximize utilization of project managers and expeditors. Ensure the proper levels of support are applied per project phase.
- Conduct a weekly review of all projects with each project manager for performance to key metrics. Ensure all budgets and schedules are aligned.
- Own customer experience and any escalations from the time the project is transitioned from Planning, throughout construction, until the project moves into Warranty.
- Conduct project level horizon planning to identify and remove barriers to project completion.
- Guide the team in project management tactics. Provide ongoing training and mentorship to project managers and expeditors
- Conduct Safety and Quality audits to ensure the team is executing to the market priorities
- 10+ years Construction Management experience , including 5+ years managing a team
- Solid interpersonal skills along with good communication skills (Must be proficient in the English language; bi-lingual English / Spanish a plus)
- Ability to read and process construction/architectural/civil/structural drawings and elevation plans
- Detailed understanding of flow of construction
- Ability to leverage project management software and systems
- Excellent listener with ability to accurately transmit information
- Strong problem solving skills
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Ability and willingness to work with a larger team and collaborate on projects
- Strong understanding of construction financials and ability to create and maintain project budgets
- Open PTO
- 10 paid holidays
- Employer subsidized benefits for employees and their families including: medical, dental and vision
- Employer paid life insurance and short term disability
- Equity in the company based on experience
This role is based in San Francisco. We are unable to offer relocation assistance.
Pro.com is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that Pro.com does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Pro.com will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.