Pro.com is a venture-backed, technology-based multi-region General Contractor in the home improvement, remodeling, and new construction market. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are a rapidly growing company with the vision to be the most technologically savvy, nationwide, convenient, reliable, and customer-centric provider of services for the home.
Business Development Manager
Business Development Managers are responsible for sourcing, cultivating, and growing Architect and Interior Decorator relationships end-to-end for their region. They work to manage their portfolio of contacts as well as Pro.com internal resources to drive Business Development pipeline, sales, and customer satisfaction. BD Managers will be tasked with forging new relationships and helping to close current BD-sourced sales opportunities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as Pro.com’s primary interface to architects, establishing and nurturing reciprocal, win-win relationships.
- Initiate new relationships with architects, introducing Pro.com, communicating the strength of our capabilities, and the benefits of working with us on residential construction projects.
- Act as the conduit for referrals from architects for new projects that Pro.com can quote, coordinating with the Pro.com team to facilitate the quote, and helping win the opportunity to complete project construction.
- Engage with architects on projects Pro.com is quoting or has won that include design services, bringing the opportunity to the architect to perform the design work for the project and ensuring a positive project relationship.
- Maintain relationships by updating clients on the status of quotes in process, the status of jobs under construction, and inquiring about new opportunities.
- Support the launch of Pro.com into new cities, identifying architecture firms that are ideal prospects for working with Pro.com, initiating outreach, and establishing early relationships to help drive early referrals.
- In addition to architects, pursue similar relationships with interior designers and structural engineers who are good prospects for similar collaborative relationships with Pro.com.
- Take full responsibility for tracking and analyzing the results of these relationships. Track and report metrics including the projects that have been quoted, the projects won, and the customer satisfaction with the projects upon completion.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4-6 years of experience in sales and/or business development, with a clear track record of success at meeting measurable goals.
- Ambitious and motivated, ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience maintaining relationships with third-party vendors and partners.
- This position is based out of San Francisco and requires periodic travel within the Greater San Francisco area and to other active Pro.com cities. Anticipated travel need is expected to be approximately 50%.
- A valid CA driver's license, insurance and access to a reliable vehicle.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in construction, architecture, or business-related discipline or directly applicable experience.
- Competitive salary
- Open PTO (no cap, no accrual)
- Paid Flex Holidays
- Employer subsidized benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, etc.)
- Employer-paid Life, Disability and more!
- Stock options
Pro.com is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that Pro.com does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Pro.com will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.