Pro.com is seeking 2 full-time Summer UX Design Interns to join us for the Summer of 2020 in Seattle, WA. Interns at Pro.com will work in collaboration with our Sr UX Designers and help our Product team build tools that fulfill our mission to revolutionize the home construction and remodeling industry. Ideal candidates are well-rounded Digital Design, HCDE, or UX students going into their senior year of their programs.
Pro.com is a venture-backed, technology-based multi-region General Contractor in the home improvement, remodeling, and new construction market. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are a rapidly growing company with the vision to be the most technologically savvy, nationwide, convenient, reliable, and customer-centric provider of services for the home.
As a summer UX intern at Pro.com, you will get the chance to:
- Define, design, build and ship products that our customers and construction teams use everyday on computers and mobile devices.
- Lead and own your project work with guidance from peers and company leaders.
- Help a growing UX team establish smart solutions and systems.
- Regularly learn from our users through research and feedback and apply those lessons to your work.
- Learn about a fascinating multi-billion-dollar industry, ripe for innovation, with diverse roles and processes to impact.
- Proudly share your finished work and process artifacts publicly on your portfolio.
What we expect you will bring to the experience:
- Strong user empathy skills and a belief in customer-first design solutions
- A passion for solving real world problems and producing great customer experiences
- Proficiency with common design tools like Sketch, Figma, or Adobe Creative Suite to produce mockups and prototypes for development.
- Knowledge of UX principles, tools, and practices
- A critical eye for visual design and aesthetics
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills
- Eagerness for feedback to help you grow in your design career
- A desire to understand complex workflows and apply understanding to various customer types.
- Willingness to partner with teammates for research activities, collaborative design, and development activities.
Why intern with us?
- Your work will ship and have substantial impact on a fast-growing national startup
- Your design solutions will span software and real-world, in-the-field processes
- Fun, friendly, and social UX team
- Open company culture with exposure to business strategy and metrics
- Experienced peers and mentors
- Catered Wednesday lunch in-office
- Competitive hourly rates for your work
Applicants should be/possess:
- You are a current student enrolled in an Associate or Bachelor's program in UX, Digital Design, HCDE, or Visual Communications; other majors would also be considered.
- You are approaching your Senior year or just completing your program at the time of the internship (exceptional Junior or Sophomore may be considered).
- Available for a full-time 12-week internship between June and September of 2020
- Please attach or include a link to your online portfolio when submitting your application.
Pro.com is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that Pro.com does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Pro.com will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.