Pro.com is actively seeking an experienced Construction Estimation Program Manager to establish and oversee the quality of outgoing construction estimates. Pro.com is a fast-growing venture-backed construction general contractor that is unique in the space because of its broad use of technology to service customer needs. We are currently building a team of veteran general contractors, project managers, software engineers, and support staff with the vision of improving every aspect of home services delivery; improving lives by improving homes.
This role will oversee the cost and overall quality of estimates from the estimation team, develop the Quality program and provide closed loop feedback and training on estimation best practices and estimate quality as necessary.
We are looking for a full time, experienced, motivated, efficient, detail-oriented, estimation leader to oversee quality control and also be able to produce large project residential estimates. The Construction Estimation Program Manager will work closely with the estimation team and the sales team to ensure that our customers receive the highest quality experience through accurate and detailed estimates.
The successful candidate for this role will have the skills and passion to develop industry leading standards and programs to address estimation challenges across all geographic locations. This position is for a self starting leader with background in estimation. The position requires extensive knowledge of building best practices along with understanding ever evolving markets for resource and material costs. This position may also require significant time spent with our software development team providing feedback on our software tools. Experience creating quality controls and programs a requirement.
Desired Employment Outcomes: Improve quality and consistency of delivered estimates across all project types
- Maintain an estimation-to-cost accuracy to within 5%
- Develop company Estimate Quality Assurance Program. This will include process, metrics, tooling, and training components
- Develop and implement overall QA/QC program for estimation
- Develop and enforce estimation quality and consistency standards
- Establish, maintain, and enforce estimation best practices
- Engage with Pro.com Construction Management staff to understand how they need estimation data to be structured
- Lead estimation on large or complex projects including creating the estimate
- Evaluate estimation cost misses with root cause analysis process. Conduct reviews of RFP, project drawings, and specifications to support constructibility and reduce project cost by minimizing unnecessary changes or rework
- Enact corrective actions to address process misses
- Work alongside design engineering, procurement, construction management, commissioning, and operations stakeholders throughout the project life-cycle
- Software development team to implement tooling changes that address efficiency and productivity opportunities
- Sales team to refine our products to better meet customer needs and deliver industry experience
- Construction team to better structure estimation data to facilitate construction planning and execution
- Train estimation and sales team in process, policy and best practice
- 5+ years of experience in the construction estimation industry
- Extensive experience in generating detailed estimates for construction projects
- Extensive knowledge of construction best practices across all trades and a proven track record of building and deploying those within an organization
- Extensive knowledge of and use of industry terminology
- Experience evaluating estimates for completeness and accuracy
- Experience estimating from plans and generating take offs and conform to contract documents, code, design standards, and industry practices
- Ability to communicate technical project details to customers in a way that they can understand
- Knowledge of current available product specifications and uses
- Computer literate with background in spreadsheets, documents, and estimating software
- Ability to collaboratively evaluate complex issues and build consensus on solutions with a larger team and company wide stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or an equivalent engineering/architectural science OR 5+ years of related construction-related quality control experience in lieu of a degree.
- Solid interpersonal skills along with excellent communication skills (Must be proficient in the English language)
- Good listener and able to accurately transmit information
- Strong problem solving skills
- Highly organized with strong time management skills
- Eager to learn and take on additional responsibility
- Extremely dependable and reliable, must be flexible to work during emergency situations
Pro.com is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.