Pro.com is a venture-backed, technology-based multi-state General Contractor in the home improvement, remodeling, and new construction market. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are a rapidly growing and maturing company with the vision to be the most technologically savvy, convenient and reliable customer-centric provider of services for the home.
We are looking to add a Vendor Manager to our California team immediately.
As a Vendor Manager, you will be responsible for matching new jobs to subcontractors and partners within our network. This will include nourishing subcontractor relationships, working with internal and external groups to identify the needs for every job, distributing RFP’s to the subcontracting community, and delivering bids back to the construction management team.
You’ll likely thrive here if:
- You passionately pursue what is best for all customers.
- You are inclusive and transparent in your actions and communications as you work collaboratively toward a common purpose.
- You start with why and let the data be your guide.
- You are one who seeks ownership; your first reaction to a problem is, “How can I solve it?”
- You move quickly, prioritize & execute.
- You work smarter not harder by being efficient, tenacious, and thoughtful.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with Project Managers and Project Coordinators, review plans for new construction projects and remodels and determine the subcontractor that best fit for each trade type.
- Source Subcontractors to service client needs, working hand in hand with Project Coordinators to deliver projects within or in advance of project budget and schedule targets.
- Manage subcontractors and materials vendors as "critical to success" relationships. Including streamlined Subcontractor onboarding, quick payments, verification of licensing/insurance and maintaining effective communications.
- Serve as an advocate internally at Pro.com for the needs of subcontractors and our customers.
- Interact with a digital project management system to coordinate and track all subcontractor activities.
- Very strong organizational skills, comfort with technology and new systems.
- Strong networking skills.
- 2-4 years of experience in subcontractor and supplier relations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience maintaining relationships with third-party vendors and partners.
- This role will work remotely within California and will travel to job sites as needed.
- Residential Construction experience is a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Paid Flex Holidays
- Employer subsidized benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, etc.)
- Employer-paid Life, Disability and more!
- Stock options
Pro.com is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that Pro.com does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Pro.com will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.