Pro.com is a venture-backed, technology-based multi-state General Contractor in the home improvement, remodeling, and new construction market. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are a rapidly growing and maturing company with the vision to be the most technologically savvy, convenient and reliable customer-centric provider of services for the home.
Are you an experienced construction estimator that would like to get away from the grind of a daily commute and still do what you are good at? We are a rapidly growing and well-financed residential general contracting company with the mission of becoming the most convenient and reliable home improvement service nationwide and are looking for estimators who have the experience and knowledge to generate remote estimates from detailed plans, pictures, and descriptions. Applicants will need to be familiar with residential, commercial, and large loss insurance estimating.
Looking for previous experience estimating residential new construction, residential additions, and extensive residential remodels that have a significant architectural design aspect. The majority of these estimates are directly based on conceptual design drawings, not full set plans, and require a quick turnaround. Extensive experience with design drawings, set plans, and estimation experience with architects is required.
Applicants must also experience evaluating homeowner service requests, offering solutions, and putting together a comprehensive work plan along with bill of materials in accordance with homeowner expectations. Estimators must be able to write competitive bids quickly. Applicants must have a reliable internet connection, be able to navigate basic computer programs, and be motivated to learn new software tools.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure overall accuracy and completeness of estimate.
- Ensure all documentation specific to the respective discipline is appropriately represented in the estimate and narrative.
- Conduct initial analysis of drawings and specifications to ensure required documentation is complete and available for Project Cost Estimate.
- Attend pre-construction meetings.
- Coordinate document distribution to estimating team to ensure proper dissemination and coordination of information that affects overall estimate;
- Solicit specific project pricing from vendors and/or sub-contractors.
- Develop cost format that facilitates owner’s needs for information using company selected software (i.e. Excel, Bluebeam)
- Monitor the time and cost of estimating assignments to ensure internal costs are accurately managed.
- Provide detailed general condition estimates and coordinate with operations personnel when required to support cost estimates.
- Coordinate estimates for proposals as related to the cost of pre-construction.
- Participate in Business Development pursuits and presentations.
- Develop and maintain database of unit costs and labor productivity.
Required Skills & Experience
- High school diploma
- 5+ years of experience in the construction or home services estimation industry
- Experience in generating detailed estimates or bids for home services projects
- Must be available periodically for one weekend day.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Remote estimation, high volume quoting, prior estimation software experience.
- Competitive salary
- Open PTO (no cap, no accrual)
- Paid Flex Holidays
- Employer subsidized benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, etc.)
- Employer-paid Life, Disability and more!
- Stock options
Pro.com is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that Pro.com does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Pro.com will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.