Pro.com is a venture-backed, technology-based multi-state General Contractor in the home improvement, remodeling, and new construction market. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are a rapidly growing and maturing company with the vision to be the most technologically savvy, convenient and reliable customer-centric provider of services for the home.
Pro.com is actively seeking a Construction City Manager in San Diego.
As a City Manager, you will be using your construction management experience to grow and develop our brand in San Diego. As “owner” of your market, you will be tasked with hiring and building your local team (with the help of our recruiters).
You will have the full support of our corporate sales, account management, back office and executive teams to grow successfully as you’ll be responsible for handling revenue and margin goals, staffing, service quality management, subcontractors management and ensuring all customers are highly satisfied. This is an extraordinarily demanding role as it requires someone for whom no job is too big or too small.
Do you own a General Contracting business or the “go-to” individual at your current company, who can run nearly every aspect of the business? If so, apply below!
You’re a great candidate to join us if …
- You passionately pursue what is best for all customers.
- You are inclusive and transparent in your actions and communications as you work collaboratively toward a common purpose.
- You start with why and let the data be your guide.
- You are one who seeks ownership; your first reaction to a problem is, “How can I solve it?”
- You move quickly, prioritize & execute.
- You work smarter not harder by being efficient, tenacious, and thoughtful.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Running project resources to accomplish weekly, monthly and quarterly revenue, margin and customer satisfaction goals.
- Building a book of business in a city by acquiring customers, building a referral network of architects, and establishing subcontractors.
- Ensure bookings and revenue are in multiple millions.
- Direct customer engagement including pre-sales, post-sales and customer satisfaction management.
- Engage with local partners including architects, designers, and other industry trade companies to achieve goals.
- Partner with the recruiting team to hire a team to support strategic growth and shepherd city team’s cohesion, growth, and productivity.
- Interview, prequalify and handle subcontractors and vendors in partnership with project managers, estimators, and our subcontracting sourcing team.
- Oversee all active projects for the city to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery including on-site job visits as needed.
- Ensure estimates are properly scoped and turned around promptly (within SLA) and meet customer expectations.
- Work with your team and the headquarters to resolve systemic issues causing any customer concern.
- Handling and resolving customer concerns to get projects back on track and ensure things run smoothly.
- 10+ years of management experience in the construction or home services industry including acquiring customers and ensuring project delivery.
- 3+ years of experience developing and reviewing bids on residential projects.
- 5+ year of experience directly hiring and managing contractors and subcontractors.
- Have an established network of local subcontractors, vendors, and potential employees.
- Retain a deep understanding of the local laws, safety protocols, and regulatory requirements that must be met.
- Experience running own general contracting business that exceeded $3M in annual revenues
- MBA or other advanced degrees
- Competitive salary
- Open PTO (no cap, no accrual)
- Paid Flex Holidays
- Employer subsidized benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, etc.)
- Employer-paid Life, Disability and more!
- Stock options
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice to third party agencies:
Please note that Pro.com does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Pro.com will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.