Pro.com is a venture-backed, technology-based residential General Contractor in the home improvement, remodeling and new construction market. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are a rapidly growing with solid product market fit. Our vision is to be the most technologically-enabled, convenient and reliable, customer-centric provider of services for the home. This is a key leadership role with extensive growth potential near the ground floor of our launch. Our executive team is highly respected and keen to make an investment in this key role.
The role will be focused on managing rapid revenue and construction organization growth in established, emerging and new markets. This includes oversight and strategy that pertains to process, internal tooling, and hiring for our construction operations. You will oversee financial performance: revenue, burn, margins, etc for all construction projects.
You’ll likely thrive here if:
- You relentlessly pursue what is best for your and our customers.
- You are inclusive and transparent in your actions and communications as you work collaboratively toward a common purpose
- You start with why and let the data be your guide
- You are one who seeks ownership; your first reaction to a problem is, “How can I solve it?”
- You move quickly, fail fast, prioritize & execute.
- You work smarter not harder by being efficient, tenacious, and thoughtful.
As the Vice President of Construction, you will be responsible for:
- Managing rapid revenue and size growth in established, emerging and new markets
- Overseeing a large residential construction organization including personnel, process, internal tooling, vendors, safety, revenue, and customer relationships
- Revenue, burn and margins for all jobs under management
- Developing, implementing and enforcing policies and procedures that will improve effectiveness of the organization and ultimate experience of the customer
- Identifying, formulating, measuring, and leveraging key organizational metrics to improve performance
- Providing key insights and feedback into the software development process to increase the efficiency of construction delivery
- Determining key hires, developing role descriptions and hiring employees who fit the Pro.com vision
- Overseeing the employee performance program - reviews, advancement, discipline and termination
- Overseeing the construction organization employee training regimine and career development program
- Developing and implementing strategic growth plans to accommodate corporate goals
- Overseeing and personally assisting in customer escalations and VIP customer projects
- Routinely meeting with other company stakeholders to influence changes on all levels that improve bottom line performance, brand reputation and customer experience
- Developing and presenting accomplishments, progress, and ongoing work to members of the board of directors on a quarterly basis
- Serving as the “voice” of construction (subject matter expert) on technical, strategic and procedural issues
- Evaluating operational issues to determine how competitive and current the organization is with the latest trends in the industry
- Overseeing quality of construction work and opportunities for improvement
- Modeling positive and proactive communication skills in working with peers, employees, and customers in a highly collaborative environment
- Ensuring that all processes and work complies with all relevant state, municipal, and company policies, specifications, codes, and standards
What Does Success Look Like:
- Increased ability to execute projects - better employees, better training, better tools, better process leads to larger capacity and faster project completion
- Increased customer satisfaction - deliver on time and under budget and find ways to delight each customer on every project
- Increased bottom line - streamline, organize create efficiency of process and organization in order to increase overall margins
- Increased footprint - capability to replicate efficient and stable construction structure and process to new cities and states with immediate results
- Visible leadership - confident and engaging leadership style that models positive interpersonal relationship skills and inspires action through trust
- College Degree(s) – preference for construction management and business administration
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the construction industry with significant time in senior positions directing construction operations at a large company (>200 employees)
- Experience leading a large organization
- Experience in both residential and commercial construction
- Obsession for providing a best-in-class experience for the customer
- Out of the box thinker who is willing to consider new solutions to longstanding construction problems
- Ability to travel to sites around the country
- Competitive salary
- Open PTO (No Cap or Accrual)
- Paid Flex Holidays
- Employer subsidized benefits (Medical, dental, vision, etc)
- Employer paid life, disability and more!
- Company laptop
- Stock options based on experience
- Office kitchen stocked with complimentary food and beverages and weekly office lunches
Interested and qualified? Let's start a conversation! Please take a second to share more about you and your experience below.