Pro.com is a venture-backed, technology-based General Contractor in the tenant improvement, remodeling, and new construction market. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are a rapidly growing and maturing company with the vision to be the most technologically savvy, convenient and reliable customer-centric provider of construction services
We are looking to add a Construction Superintendent to our Portland team immediately. We are seeking individuals who are wanting to be on multiple job sites daily and enjoy being the interface between the customer and work crew on a project site.
As the Superintendent you will work directly with the Project Managers and customers to manage all project details including work progress, site safety, and subcontractor coordination. Superintendents must be decisive, quick to act, detail-oriented, good communicators, and problem solvers. You must be able to read plans, oversee subcontractors, perform a wide range of “bags on” construction tasks, and oversee the execution of a large construction project.
You’ll likely thrive here if:
- You relentlessly pursue what is best for your and our customers.
- You are inclusive and transparent in your actions and communications as you work collaboratively toward a common purpose.
- You start with why and let the data be your guide.
- You are one who seeks ownership; your first reaction to a problem is, “How can I solve it?”
- You move quickly, fail fast, prioritize & execute.
- You work smarter not harder by being efficient, tenacious, and thoughtful.
What you’ll do:
- Supervise and manage trade contractors, subcontractors, and third-party services in all phases of project construction assigned by Project Manager by providing technical and logistical support.
- Maintaining subcontractor and vendor relationships so that providers and materials can be quickly brought to bear on the project.
- Manage and personally carry out construction tasks when needed especially on punch list items.
- Tracking project milestones and ensuring that they remain on time and on budget.
- Early problem identification and resolution.
- Manage schedules and meet deadlines.
- Communicate schedule changes and necessary information to the Project Manager in a timely manner.
- Ensure quality standards are met.
- Walk with City Inspectors to ensure a timely flow of the project.
- Handle Initial Customer Escalations due to Workmanship Quality or Expectations.
- Supervise multiple projects in various phases at one time.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications (if there are required qualifications):
- 5+ years of experience in the construction industry
- Broad knowledge of construction means and methods and the ability to perform tasks as needed.
- Able to read and interpret construction drawings.
- Proficiency in taking and uploading digital photographs.
- Extensive field experience and knowledge of construction practices.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in all construction trades and project flows.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Experience in TI and Fast Casual Restaurants is a Huge Plus.
- Reliable vehicle, valid driver's license and proof of insurance
- Competitive salary
- Open PTO (No Cap or Accrual)
- Paid Flex Holidays
- Employer subsidized benefits (Medical, dental, vision, etc)
- Employer-paid life, disability and more!
- Company Phone and Laptop
- Stock options based on experience