Pro.com is actively seeking an HR Business Partner to join and support our California teams. Pro.com is a venture-backed, technology-based General Contractor in the home improvement, remodeling, and new construction market. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are a rapidly growing and maturing company with the vision to be the most technologically savvy, convenient and reliable customer-centric provider of services for the home.
You will report to the VP of People and be responsible for all Employee Relations, Benefits administration and implementation of HR policy and procedures while also supporting your regions Leadership to ensure a healthy and thriving organization through performance management and succession planning. You will also partner with Recruiting on interviewing and support of hiring events when needed. You will also help design and implement programs that will ensure employee engagement and retention.
About the Role:
- Create and implement people programs and initiatives in partnership with VP and peer HRBPs that drive engagement and culture
- Partner with business leaders in California on organizational design, leveling guides, performance management, and compensation
- Provide support and guidance to California employees and managers in the resolution of employee relations issues, and the interpretation of policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with employment laws across California and other markets as needed
- Partner with HRBPs with benefits enrollment and education
- Embody our Customer Obsession value when partnering and supporting our employees
- Partner with the recruiting team on hiring in market and communication backfill needs
- This role will be primarily remote, with occasional on-sites with our California team members. The role will be 0-10% travel, depending on your proximity to other employees.
Skills and Experience:
- 4 year degree in Human Resources or related field
- 3+ years working in the HR Generalist capacity
- General knowledge of all HR competencies: change management, organizational development, performance management, leadership development, employee practices, compensation, benefits & rewards
- Experience in the construction industry preferred
- Thrives in ambiguity
- Able to change priorities and judge time critical demands
- Ability to effectively interact and partner with employees and leaders at all levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of California employment law and risk management
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
- Highly organized and demonstrated project management and planning skills
- Works independently to prioritize work, establish goals and produce quality work
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Ability to quickly build relationships to influence the accomplishment of organizational goals
- Competitive salary
- Open PTO (no cap or accrual)
- Paid flex holidays
- Employer subsidized benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc)
- Employer paid life, disability and more!
- Company laptop
- Stock options based on experience
This position is an opportunity to help develop and grow a company with significant potential. We are looking for individuals who are interested in applying their talents to the development of people, tools, and processes that will add long term value to the company.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.