We are seeking an exceptional Head of Construction Operations, at our Seattle Headquarters to join our team at Pro.com. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a fast growing team and bringing insight as you oversee the business operations of all projects in planning and construction - you will be pivotal in ensuring the success of our mission. Pro.com is a fast-growing, venture-backed construction general contractor that is unique in the space because of its broad use of technology to serve customer needs. We are currently building a team of general contractors, project managers, software engineers, and support staff with the vision of improving every aspect of home services delivery; improving lives by improving homes.
Attractions of the job:
As the Head of Construction Delivery Operations, you will provide exceptional leadership & management to ensure that Construction Delivery is running smoothly and efficiently. You’ll be reporting to the VP of Operations, as you keep an eye on several critical areas of Construction & Operations. We’ll look to you to assure that the construction team has the tools, systems and processes in place to effectively manage projects from the start of construction to completion. You and your team are always aspiring to resolve just about any problem that arises during the customer journey. We want you to develop a vision for a scalable operational program, as well as the operational experience, and drive to implement and manage the program to deliver results. As a leader, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as Construction, Finance and Product teams, to develop solutions that enhance our ability to deliver projects on time, on spec and on budget.
Together with your team, you will aim to:
- Establish baseline processes for Construction operations and delivery.
- Continuously improve the efficiency of operations and delivery processes.
- Maintain high standards of operations Health & Safety.
- Instill a culture of customer obsession, aiming for excellent customer service.
What will you do?
- You have the opportunity to develop vision for and implement a comprehensive program to drive best-in-class construction project operations.
- You’ll lead the efforts on measurement mechanisms to determine and report on project delivery - in particular, ensuring that there are accurate measurements around project quality, schedule and budget
- You will mentor team of Operations Managers to develop and streamline all of the current processes, tools, systems, documents and standards used in the project delivery process to ensure an exceptional and consistent customer experience.
- We want you to ensure accurate communications to the Construction team occur and that they understand and adopt all processes; work with other supporting teams to coordinate initiatives with construction team.
- Proactive, constructive engagement with Construction, Product and rest of Operations team.
- Partner with Construction and HR teams to develop Talent & succession management framework.
- You will enable systematic continuous improvement in the delivery process occur with the aim to get more efficient and exceed customer expectations.
- Collaborate and work with the Product / platform stakeholders and the Construction team to define and continuously improve the project management tools.
- Create safety-based process improvements.
- Oversee plans for employees, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives to help the Construction team achieve year-on-year improvements.
- Report on project delivery outcomes to management team.
- Develop and monitor the delivery metrics and performance of the network.
- You’ll lead and inspire the Construction team to deliver improved performance levels.
What Skills and Abilities do you need?
- Demonstrated track record of team leadership within a large scale, fast-moving and process-driven environment: end-to-end process management experience is a must.
- Proven experience of implementing Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies in processes.
- You are able to inspire, manage, motivate, and influence positive work behaviors in employees on our team.
- You will be passionate about your work, are self-motivated, detail oriented and have excellent problem solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, enabling you to build meaningful relationships and work effectively cross functionally.
- You are passionate about your work, you bring strong problem-solving, data analysis/interpretation and change management skills with you.
How you Qualify for the role:
- You bring with you 10+ years of experience in operations, ideally in a field with similarly complex, multi-month customer transactions.
- You hold a demonstrated track record of leading Operations teams for 4+ years.
- A BS/BA or equivalent experience.
- You have an advanced degree in business, engineering, operations or related field.
- It would nice if you had your Operational excellence certification (e.g. Lean or 6 sigma)
- Experience in the construction industry would be ideal.
If you are qualified and excited, let's start a conversation. Please take a second to share a little about yourself and submit your resume.