This role will have the skills and passion to develop industry leading standard and programs to address estimation challenges across all geographic locations. This position is for experienced estimators. The position requires extensive knowledge of building best practices along with understanding ever evolving markets for resource and material costs. This role may also require significant time spent with our software development team providing feedback on our software tools.
This Quality Control Manager is responsible for overseeing outgoing construction estimates is available at a venture-backed, technology-based General Contractor performing residential and light commercial construction projects. We are a rapidly growing and maturing company with offices in five states, and a vision of becoming the most technologically savvy, convenient and reliable General Contractor in the market. This position will require the candidate to oversee the cost and overall quality of estimates from the estimation team, provide feedback and training on estimation best practices, and generate new estimates as necessary. This position may be performed remotely and minimal travel will be necessary.
You’ll likely thrive here if:
- You relentlessly pursue what is best for your and our customers.
- You are inclusive and transparent in your actions and communications as you work collaboratively toward a common purpose
- You start with why and let the data be your guide
- You are one who seeks ownership; your first reaction to a problem is, “How can I solve it?”
- You move quickly, fail fast, prioritize & execute.
- You work smarter not harder by being efficient, tenacious, and thoughtful.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a full time, experienced, motivated, efficient, detail-oriented, estimator to oversee quality control and also be able to produce large project residential estimates. The QC manager will work closely with the estimation team and the sales team to ensure that our customers receive the highest quality experience through accurate and detailed estimates.
Desired Employment Outcomes: Improve quality and consistency of delivered estimates across all project types
- Maintain an estimation-to-cost accuracy to within 5%
- Maintain a review turnaround duration of less than 12 hours
- Develop company Estimate Quality Assurance Program. This will include process, metrics, tooling, and training components
- Develop and implement overall QA/QC program for estimation
- Develop and enforce estimation quality and consistency standards
- Establish, maintain, and enforce estimation best practices
- Engage with Pro.com Construction Management staff to understand how they need estimation data to be structured
- Lead estimation on large or complex projects including creating the estimate
- Evaluate estimation cost misses with root cause analysis process
- Enact corrective actions to address process misses
- Work with other company teams to address opportunities for improvement
- Software development team to implement tooling changes that address efficiency and productivity opportunities
- Sales team to refine our products to better meet customer needs and deliver industry experience
- Construction team to better structure estimation data to facilitate construction planning and execution
- Train estimation and sales team in process, policy and best practice
- 5+ years of experience in the construction estimation industry
- Extensive experience in generating detailed estimates for construction projects
- Extensive knowledge of construction best practices across all trades and a proven track record of building and deploying those within an organization
- Extensive knowledge of and use of industry terminology
- Desire to deliver high quality outcome for the customer
- Ability to collaboratively evaluate complex issues and build consensus on solutions
- Experience evaluating estimates for completeness and accuracy
- Experience estimating from plans and generating take offs
- Ability to communicate technical project details to customers in a way that they can understand
- Knowledge of current available product specifications and uses
- Computer literate with background in spreadsheets, documents, and estimating software
- Comfortable working as part of a team responsible for delivering revenue growth
- Solid interpersonal skills along with excellent communication skills (Must be proficient in the English language)
- Good listener and able to accurately transmit information
- Strong problem solving skills
- Highly organized with strong time management skills
- Eager to learn and take on additional responsibility
- Extremely dependable and reliable, must be flexible to work during emergency situations
- Competitive salary
- Open PTO (No Cap or Accrual)
- Paid Flex Holidays
- Employer subsidized benefits (Medical, dental, vision, etc)
- Employer paid life, disability and more!
- Company laptop
- Stock options based on experience
- Stipend for in home office set up