Pro.com is a venture-backed, technology-based General Contractor in the home improvement, remodeling, and new construction market. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are a rapidly growing and maturing company with the vision to be the most technologically savvy, convenient and reliable customer-centric provider of services for the home.
Pro.com is actively seeking a Construction General Manager in Los Angeles, CA. Pro.com is a venture-backed, technology-based General Contractor in the home improvement, remodeling, and new construction market. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are a rapidly growing and maturing company with the vision to be the most technologically savvy, convenient and reliable customer-centric provider of services for the home.
As a City Manager, you’ll be responsible for using your years of construction management experience to grow and develop our brand in Los Angeles, CA. You’ll have the full support of our corporate sales, account management, back office and executive teams to make each job a success. Our City Manager role is an exceptionally demanding role as it requires someone for whom no job is too big or too small. If you’re running your own General Contracting business or are the “go to” individual in your current job who can run nearly every aspect of the business, you’re probably the right person for the role.
You’re a great candidate to join us if …
- You relentlessly pursue what is best for your customers
- You are inclusive and transparent in your actions and communications as you work collaboratively toward a common purpose
- You start with asking “why” and let the data be your guide
- Your first reaction to a problem is, “How can I solve it?” and actively seek to own the solutions
- You move quickly, innovate, prioritize, and execute
- You work smarter not harder by being efficient, tenacious, and thoughtful
As “owner” of your market, you will be tasked with hiring and building your local team (with the help of our recruiters). With support from both your local team and from the central office, you’ll be responsible for managing revenue and margin goals, staffing, service quality management, ensuring subcontractors are delivering and ensuring that customers are highly satisfied. This is a full-time position that will offer the opportunity to work with our corporate office to structure and implement operations in your market market.
What you'll do
- Managing tens of project resources to accomplish weekly, monthly and quarterly revenue, margin and customer satisfaction goals -- ultimately ensuring that customers are highly satisfied with their Pro.com experience for the city.
- Building a book of business in a city. Acquiring customers, building a referral network of architects, establishing subcontractors.
- Express that goals in terms of bookings and revenue are in multiple millions.
- Direct customer engagement including pre-sales, post-sales and customer satisfaction management
- Engage with local partners including architects, designers, and other industry trade companies to achieve above referenced goals
- Work with recruiting team to hire new technicians, estimators, project managers, and technicians to support strategic growth and shepherd city team’s cohesion, growth and productivity.
- Interview, prequalify and manage subcontractors with support from project managers, estimators and our subcontracting sourcing team
- Create, vet, and manage vendor lists with support from your project managers and estimators
- Oversee all active projects for the city to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery including on-site job visiting as needed
- Ensure estimates are properly scoped and turned around promptly (within SLA) and meet customer expectations
- Work with the your team and the headquarters to resolve systemic issues causing any customer concern. Managing and resolving customer escalations to get projects back on track and ensure things run smoothly
What you need
- 10+ years of management experience in the construction or home services industry including acquiring customers and ensuring project delivery
- 3+ years of experience developing and reviewing bids on residential projects
- 5+ year of experience directly hiring and managing contractors and subcontractors
- Have an established network of local subcontractors, vendors and potential employees
- Retain a deep understanding of the local laws, safety protocols, and regulatory requirements that must be met
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and stock based on experience
- 10 paid holidays per year, and a generous PTO plan
- 75% of Medical, Dental, and Vision premiums paid for employee, 50% for dependents, plus excellent additional benefit offerings
- Phone and laptop for conducting work
- Mileage reimbursement
- Experience running own general contracting business that exceeded $3M in annual revenues
- MBA or other advanced degrees
This position is an opportunity to help develop and grow a company with significant potential. We are looking for individuals who are interested in applying their talents to the development of people, tools, and processes that will add long term value to the company.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.