Pro.com is actively seeking Process Engineering Manager at its Seattle Headquarters to invent, design, develop and execute on critical initiatives in the construction space. This role is pivotal to ensuring the success of our mission. Pro.com is a fast-growing, venture-backed construction general contractor that is unique in the space because of its broad use of technology to serve customer needs. We are currently building a team of general contractors, project managers, software engineers, and support staff with the vision of improving every aspect of home services delivery; improving lives by improving homes.
Attractions to the job:
We are looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Process Engineering Manager who is willing to roll up their sleeves and set up processes while building and coaching a team. As the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for setting the strategy and processes to increase the efficacy and efficiency of field Construction teams. You will lead a group of Process Engineers to develop processes from scratch. You will be responsible for setting the vision, leading and coordinating efforts to develop process and material flow as well as identify and quantify tools, systems and processes needed to effectively manage projects from the start of construction to completion. You should have the operational experience and drive to develop value stream mapping, process flow diagrams, time/motion studies etc. This role also requires the ability to work cross functional teams - in particular working with Construction, Operations and Product, to develop solutions that enhance our ability to deliver projects on time, to specifications and on budget.
What will you do?
- Lead a group of 3-4 Process Engineers as a technical and product leader, quality champion and resource manager
- Invent, Design and Implement Engineering solutions for complex construction activities, material flow and human/machine efficiency problems.
- Identify and develop material flow, process / value stream maps, and conduct time/motion studies to implement optimal solutions for Project Managers, Contractors and on-construction site employees and partners.
- Troubleshoot process issues and implement changes embodying our Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence culture.
- Develop Construction process standards leveraging kaizens and best practices to reduce exceptions, improve efficiency and reduce costs
- Develop and streamline all of the current processes, tools, systems, documents and standards to ensure an exceptional and consistent customer experience
- Collaborate with Internal teams (Operations, Construction and Product etc) and external partners to create high quality, cost effective solutions
Skills you bring with you:
- Outcome-oriented with strong bias for creating a sustainable process
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - ability to build relationships and work effectively cross functionally
- Experience with developing and managing large scale programs with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to dig into details while also balancing setting up a strategy
- Track record building and scaling Operations processes with experience in value stream mapping and time/motion studies
- Proven experience of implementing Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies in processes
- Track record of building and leading teams - both directly and indirectly
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Data analysis and interpretation
How do you qualify?
- 8+ years of experience in Manufacturing/Process/Industrial Engineering or related fields
- 2+ years managing high functioning Operational Engineering teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical, Industrial or Civil engineering) or related field
- Effectively managed 8+ cross-functional large scale projects at the same time
- Strong experience using business/technical software such as MS Excel, MS Project, and CAD software.
- Experience designing solutions for large and complex operations
- Ability to travel 20% within the country to interact with internal and external business and industry leaders.
- Masters degree in Engineering (any discipline), Operations, Business Administration, or a related field and at least five years of progressively responsible experience
- LEAN Six Sigma, Green/Black Belt Certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
- Experience in the construction industry
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Employer subsidized benefits (Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and more!)
- PTO & paid holidays
- Company laptop
- Office kitchen stocked with complimentary food and beverages, and weekly office lunches
If you are qualified and excited, let’s start a conversation. Please take a second to share a little about yourself and submit your resume.