Pro.com is a venture-backed, technology powered General Contractor in the home improvement, remodeling and new construction industry in the US. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are a rapidly growing and maturing company with the vision to be the most technologically savvy, convenient and reliable customer-centric provider of services for the home. We’re leading the future of construction with a tech-driven approach, relentless process refinement and an obsession with creating an excellent customer experience.
We foster a work atmosphere where highly motivated individuals can be truly innovative. The team enjoys a good challenge and we celebrate our successes together. If you enjoy working in a supportive environment that encourages creativity and promotes ownership and career growth, come and join us.
We are seeking a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our awesome team located in Seattle, WA.
You’ll likely thrive here if:
- You want to grow, and you're constantly finding small ways to improve all the work you and your teammates do.
- You are driven and embrace open-ended challenges
- You have a love of mentoring. You live by the philosophy that everyone has something to teach you and the ability to learn something new.
- You have the ability and desire to work with a team of people solving complex problems that often require independent research.
- You have excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- You move quickly, fail fast, prioritize & execute.
- You have been the primary owner/developer of several components or features.
- You will be expected to be versatile in your contributions.
- You are able to contribute to different parts of stacks and make sure you can dive deep and pick up features written by others.
What you’ll do:
- You will have the opportunity to Create, Design, and Implement new products, which do not yet exist that will help us better our company and industry.
- You will be working on real projects that will be used. The work we do is heavily-leveraged internally by other teams within the company and by external customers.
- You will work with design, stakeholders and business during inception and help kickstart an engineering project.
- You will help understand the project scope, define tech scoping, estimating and planning delivery, work backwards, plan and work with engineers on delivering an iteration or sizable feature/project
- Your focus will be on code quality, testability, extensibility, and maintainability
- You would own infrastructure, maintenance and improvements to team owned codebases.
Technologies You'll Be Using:
- Preferred experience
- Some experience working with users and UIs leveraging modern JS frameworks like Angular, ReactJS, Vue.js, etc .
- Exposure to developing customer facing UX and maintaining production applications
- Required past experience writing services in modern server-side languages - Ex Node.js, Java, VM based languages, RoR, etc
- Minimum 3-5 years of software engineering experience developing and maintaining applications.
- Minimum 1 year of UI development experience working on front-ends or full-stack applications
- Strong in problem solving and programming.
- Good in CS fundamentals.
- Knowledge of system design and architecture
- Preferred experience in distributed systems and service architecture.
- A Bachelors in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent experience.
- Competitive salary
- Open PTO (No Cap or Accrual)
- Paid Flex Holidays
- Remote work friendly
- Employer subsidized benefits (Medical, dental, vision, etc)
- Employer paid life, disability and more!
- Company laptop
- Stock options based on experience
- Office kitchen stocked with complimentary food and beverages and weekly office lunches
- Open and sharing environment