Pro.com is a venture-backed, technology-based General Contractor in the home improvement, remodeling and new construction market. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are a rapidly growing and maturing company with the vision to be the most technologically savvy, convenient and reliable customer-centric provider of services for the home. We’re leading the future of construction with a tech-enabled approach, relentless process refinement and an obsession with creating an excellent customer experience.
We foster a work atmosphere where highly motivated individuals can be truly innovative. The team enjoys a good challenge and we celebrate our successes together. If you enjoy working in a supportive environment that encourages creativity and promotes ownership and career growth, come and join us.
You’ll likely thrive here if:
- You want to grow, and you're constantly finding small ways to improve all the work you and your teammates do.
- You have a love of mentoring. You live by the philosophy that everyone has something to teach you and the ability to learn something new.
- You have the ability and desire to work with a team of people solving complex problems that often require independent research.
- You have excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- You move quickly, fail fast, prioritize & execute.
- You have been the primary owner/developer of several components or features.
What you’ll do:
- You will have the opportunity to Create, Design, and Implement new products, which do not yet exist that will help us better our company.
- You will be working on real projects that will be used. The work we do is heavily-leveraged internally by other teams within the company and by external customers.
- You will be the Lead of a a project and a team of engineers on the project.
- You will work with design, stakeholders and business during inception and help kickstart an engineering project.
- You will lead a business or technical domain and be a goto person for external stakeholders.
- You will help understand the project scope, define tech scoping, estimating and planning delivery, work backwards, plan and work with engineers on delivering an iteration or sizable feature/project
- Your focus will be on code quality, testability, extensibility, and maintainability
Technologies You'll Be Using:
- Required Experience working with modern JS frameworks like Angular, ReactJS, Vue.js, etc
- Experience developing customer facing UX and maintaining production applications
- Required past experience writing services in modern server-side languages - Ex Node.js, Java, VM based languages, RoR, etc
- Minimum 8 years of software engineering experience developing and maintaining applications.
- Minimum 3 years of UI development experience working on front-ends or fullstack applications
- Strong knowledge in system design and architecture
- Has worked is distributed systems and service architectures in the past
- Candidates are expected to contribute at all levels of stack - frontends, BFFs, services layers and databases
- A BS in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent experience.
- Competitive salary
- Open PTO (no cap, no accrual)
- Paid Flex Holidays
- Employer subsidized benefits (Medical, dental, vision, etc)
- Employer paid life, disability and more!
- Company laptop
- Stock options
- Office kitchen stocked with complimentary food and beverages, and weekly office lunches
Are you qualified and interested in joining the team? We’d love to hear from you! Please share some information that will help us better understand your experience below.