Pro.com is a venture-backed, technology-based General Contractor in the light commercial, home improvement, remodeling and new construction market. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are a rapidly growing and maturing company with the vision to become the most technologically savvy, convenient and reliable General Contractor in the market.
As a Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for matching new jobs to subcontractors and partners within our network. This will include nourishing subcontractor relationships, working with internal and external groups to identify the needs for every job, distributing RFP’s to subcontract community, and delivering bids back to the construction management team.
- Work with Project Managers and Project Coordinators, review plans for new construction projects and remodels and determine the subcontractor of best fit for each trade type.
- Source Subcontractors to service client needs, working hand in hand with Project Coordinators to deliver projects within or in advance of project budget and schedule targets.
- Manage subcontractors and materials vendors as "critical to success" relationships. Including streamlined Subcontractor onboarding, quick payments, verification of licensing/insurance and maintaining effective communications.
- Serve as an advocate internally at Pro.com for the needs of subcontractors and our customers.
- Interact with digital project management system to coordinate and track all subcontractor activities
- Very strong organizational skills, comfort with technology and new systems
- Strong networking skills
- 2-4 years experience in subcontractor and supplier relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing relationships with third party vendors and partners
- Competitive salary
- Open PTO (no cap, no accrual)
- Paid Flex Holidays
- Employer subsidized benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, etc.)
- Employer paid Life, Disability and more!
- Company laptop
- Stock options
- Office kitchen stocked with complimentary food and beverages, and weekly office lunches
Are you qualified and interested in joining the team? We’d love to hear from you! Please share some information that will help us better understand your experience below.