A city level construction management opportunity is available with our rapidly expanding company. We are searching for a driven individual with expansive experience in the management and execution of residential and commercial contracting services to pioneer our expansion into the San Diego region.
Our company is staffed with veteran general contractors, project managers, software engineers, and support staff who are all collaborating to improve every aspect of home services delivery. We are a fully licensed general contractor and your efforts will be supported by a team of software engineers relentlessly working to build tools and resources that will transform construction and cater to the needs of the 21st century customer.
As a City Manager you'll be responsible for using your years of construction management experience to grow and develop our brand in San Diego. Our City Manager role is a an exceptionally demanding role as it requires someone for whom no job is too big or too small. If you're running your own General Contracting business or are the "go to" individual in your current job who can run nearly every aspect of the business, you're probably the right person for the role.
As "owner" of your market, you will be tasked with hiring and building your local team (with the help of our recruiters). With support from both your local team and from the central office you'll be responsible for managing revenue and margin goals, staffing, service quality management, ensuring subcontractors are delivering, and ensuring that customers are highly satisfied. This is a full time position that will offer the opportunity to work with our corporate office to structure and implement operations in your market.
What you'll do:
- Hire new technicians, estimators and project managers with the support of our recruiting team and use our existing training and onboarding resources to ensure they're productive members of the team
- Work with the your team and the headquarters to resolve systemic issues causing customer complaints
- Interview, prequalify and manage subcontractors with support from project managers, estimators and our subcontracting sourcing team
- Create, vet, and manage vendor lists with support from your project managers and estimators
- Ensure project managers are keeping projects on track and step in when they're not
- Ensure estimates are turned around within SLA and are achievable within timelines and budgets
- Ensure that customers are highly satisfied
- Manage direct employees on a day-to-day basis
- Manage monthly revenue and margin goals
- Manage and resolve VIP or other customer escalations to get projects back on track and ensure things run smoothly
- Create estimates, evaluate estimates, and ensure estimators are properly defining jobs, job scope, and are building appropriate work plans/budgets
- Initiate customer meetings and interactions to provide customer with information about Pro.com and to gather important information for the estimating staff
What you need:
- 10+ years of experience in the construction or home services industry management
- 3+ years of experience developing and reviewing bids on residential project
- 5+ year of experience directly hiring and managing contractors and subcontractors
- Have an established network of local subcontractors, vendors and potential employees
- Retain a deep understanding of the local laws and regulatory requirements that must be met
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary and stock based on experience
- Paid holidays and a competitive PTO plan
- Competitive benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/etc)- Phone and laptop for conducting work
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience running own general contracting business that exceeded $3M in annual revenues
This position is an opportunity to help develop and grow a company with significant potential. We are looking for individuals who are interested in applying their talents to the development of people, tools, and processes that will add long term value to the company.
If you are qualified and interested in joining the team, please provide some information that will better help us understand your experience below.