We’re looking for a UX designer in Seattle with proven experience in producing beautiful, usable, and fun experiences on desktop and mobile.
As a UX designer at Pro.com, you will:
- Be expected to iterate quickly in lo-fi to vet experiences and test assumptions.
- Consistently explore multiple options, incorporate others’ feedback as appropriate, and share the thought process that lead to a given design.
- Collaborate tightly with engineering (local and international resources) to deliver designs that are ready to implement and consider technical limitations.
- Conduct your own customer research in partnership with product management.
- Communicate your ideas clearly using prototypes.
- Be a champion for good design throughout the company.
- Roll with the punches. (We are a startup, and startups can be chaotic.)
- Practice good design hygiene to facilitate easier collaboration with other designers.
- Develop UX artifacts to aid the product build, including user flows, interaction models, prototypes, and final, polished designs.
- Intense customer focus
- Strong proficiency in UX design (strong preference for workflow management or productivity management design experience)
- Proven experience designing successful web and mobile apps
- Proficiency in visual design
- Strong experience with modern UI design and prototyping tools
- Experience conducting user research
- Competitive benefits (medical/dental/vision/life/etc)
- PTO/sick time
- Company stock options
- Catered lunch 1x/wk
- Stocked kitchen
- Whatever computer gear you need
- Fantastic office location
- Access to emotional support animal (golden retriever)
- A learning budget
- Hardworking/customer-focused peers