Who we are:
Process Street is a no-code workflow platform startup from San Francisco. We help our customers build, document, automate, and track recurring workflows. Our platform stores knowledge where the action happens, ensuring thorough and error free execution of workflows that our global customers run their businesses on.
We service over 3k customers around the world, such as Airbnb, Spotify and Accenture, and are VC-backed by Accel, Salesforce, and Atlassian.
Process Street was founded on a strong belief in the work-life benefits of a healthy, collaborative remote culture. We value flexibility because many of us are parents, travelers, or just creatives who aren't inspired by the construct of a mundane 9-to-5. Spread across 9 different time zones, we communicate asynchronously, work autonomously, and take real ownership of our work.
If you’re entrepreneurial and seek an environment that values your effective creativity, congratulations, you’ve found your new home!
This role reports directly to our VP of Marketing with dotted-line reporting into our CTO. You will drive the evolution of Process Street’s public-facing web properties, including our core website, our blog, our help center, and our array of special-purpose landing pages.
Our website is much more than a resource that describes our company and our platform. It is our primary means of new customer acquisition. Our goals with our website are to:
- Further develop it as a useful information resource and a compelling representation of our brand
- Systematically refine it as a high-performing customer acquisition funnel, with rigorous testing as our guide
This role will be responsible for our website experience managing design, development, and technical performance. You will also partner closely with stakeholders in Marketing and Product to implement tests, analyze data, share results, and make recommendations, all for the purpose of continuously improving the website’s performance in new customer acquisition.
Because our website is so central to our business, this role is an opportunity to collaborate with people across the Process Street organization, and to learn about how customers engage with our website content.
What you will do:
- Manage and execute on prioritized projects for our website and our other public web properties. Gather feedback to write requirements for each roadmap item.
- Implement each prioritized roadmap item by designing, coding, testing and configuring as needed. For certain design-intensive projects you may work with an outsourced web designer; otherwise you will directly execute on each website build end-to-end.
- Work with the Marketing team to assist in implementing conversion optimization experiments, as well as co-managing the analysis of data from these experiments.
- Conduct ongoing website maintenance and optimization to continually improve the technical performance of our web properties, with attention to metrics such as page load time and error rates.
- Work with the Product and Engineering teams to continually improve the connection points and interplay between our public-facing web properties and our software platform, thus improving the experience of new customers as they sign up for Process Street.
- Co-evaluate and manage relationships with vendors whose software and services support our web properties.
What you bring to the table:
- You're well-versed in WordPress. Process Street's marketing site is built on WordPress. If you've built and maintained WordPress themes using best practices, you're an ideal candidate for this role.
- Experience working with split-test or multivariate conversion optimization tools (e.g. Optimizely, Intellimize, CrazyEgg, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience working in B2B software companies is a big plus.
- Must be passionate about building great website experiences.
- Understanding of search engine optimization and other practices that help to drive traffic to the public-facing pages of a website.
- Strong planning and organizational skills required.
- Motivated and ambitious individual with presence, confidence, and energy.
- Ability to work strategically as a proactive self-starter with independent decision making, driving rapid work delivery, and having a hands-on approach.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fully remote team – No offices, no commute, check-in from a destination of your choosing!
- Unlimited PTO policy – Most of us take 3-4 weeks, plus major holidays, AND a company-wide week off in December
- Annual company offsite* – When not in a pandemic of course - in lieu, we do encourage and sponsor small group meetups so that you can meet your teammates face to face around the world.
- Social time – We know human connections are what make teams strong. We regularly do coffee chats, game-playing, story-telling, house tours (only if you're comfortable), and more to build connections.
- Generous health insurance for US employees and their families
- Equity for all full-time roles
Read more about how we work!
- Shape Up vs Scrum: 6 Months to 6 Weeks – How We Cut Our Dev Cycle 75%
- The Inside Secrets of a Process Street Full Stack Engineer
- An Insider Look Into How We Built the Process Street Slack App (In 2 Weeks!)