Who we are:
Process Street is a no-code workflow platform startup from San Francisco. We help our customers build, document, automate, and track recurring workflows. Our platform stores knowledge where the action happens, ensuring thorough and error free execution of workflows that our global customers run their businesses on.
We service over 3k customers around the world, such as Airbnb, Spotify and Accenture, and are VC-backed by Accel, Salesforce, and Atlassian.
Process Street was founded on a strong belief in the work-life benefits of a healthy, collaborative remote culture. We value flexibility because many of us are parents, travelers, or just creatives who aren't inspired by the construct of a mundane 9-to-5. Spread across 9 different time zones, we communicate asynchronously, work autonomously, and take real ownership of our work.
If you’re entrepreneurial and seek an environment that values your effective creativity, congratulations, you’ve found your new home!
You will be responsible for growing and developing the engineering team at Process Street. As a member of the executive team, you will work closely with our CTO and Director of Product to plan and shape the future of our platform. You will help design the organizational structure of the EPD department, set the culture, as well as hire and retain a high-performing EPD organization. In parallel you will lead the forefront in shipping quality products and features, whilst giving the rest of the organization transparency into the process.
- You thrive on giving your team agency. We practice the Shape Up process, and run 6-week cycles with 2-week cooldowns. In the 6-week cycles, you will help guide the EPD team to creative solutions, hammer scope, make solid architectural choices, and deliver quality within the budgeted time. We don’t do fine-grained requirements in user stories, waterfall-style hi-fidelity handoffs, and estimates with Gantt charts. Designers and engineers are trusted to craft the best solution possible in the cycle using user research, data, experience, and grit. In 2-week cooldowns, engineers have autonomy to do what’s important to them – including code maintainability or making the team faster. If managing product engineers who are given a lot of responsibility, freedom, and ability to chart their own course sounds refreshing, this role is for you.
- You know how to build teams, fast. You have figured out ways to repeatedly attract and retain top engineering talent. You understand that growing your team is one of the highest leverage activities you can do and as an executive you are responsible for achieving your hiring targets.
- You love the process, but loathe bureaucracy and ceremony. We think process is a tool. Used well, it makes us a better, faster team. But when it's not doing that, we drop it. We also avoid unnecessary meetings whenever possible.
- You love to ship. We move fast. We deploy continuously behind feature flags, and release to customers at the end of every cycle. We utilize CI/CD and maintain ~70% test coverage.
- You want to have a big impact. We're a small team and we're still an early stage startup. We don't have designated areas of responsibility, and everyone wears many hats. Every cycle brings new challenges, and your sphere of influence is wide. You love the variety and don't want to be shackled to a single project for years.
- You’re well-versed in all things people management. You’ve hired bar-raising individuals, developed and promoted high-performers, composed teams for optimal delivery, and led teams with high morale and engagement.
- You have 7 or more years of experience in engineering management. We’re hiring for the VP of Eng role, but you don’t need to already have the “VP of Eng” title to apply. If you have 7 or more years of experience and already handle many of the responsibilities of a VP of Eng, you should apply. Or you’re a VP of Eng now, and you’re looking for an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a high-growth startup.
Read More About The Team
- Shape Up vs Scrum: 6 Months to 6 Weeks – How We Cut Our Dev Cycle 75%
- The Inside Secrets of a Process Street Full Stack Engineer
- An Insider Look Into How We Built the Process Street Slack App (In 2 Weeks!)