At Prisma, we are building the data layer for modern applications. We’ve got the energy, challenges, and freedom that come with working in a growing startup.
With funding from top-tier investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins, we are building the Prisma Data Platform – our cloud-based product that makes the data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to application developers.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption with our key products being open-source. We have a vibrant community on Slack and Github - with over 40,000 members on Slack - where we regularly engage with the Prisma community.
About Scale Team
The Scale Team is solving problems that span from product to infrastructure. Our recent development, Data Proxy, allows our customers to build serverless applications without needing to worry about database connection pooling. It is the first of many solutions we aim to provide under the Data Platform.
Key technologies: Rust, AWS, GCP, Pulumi, Open Telemetry, TypeScript, Grafana
Our main goal is to be able to handle thousands of database connections and tens of thousands request per second by end of the year. At the same time, we’re exploring other solutions that can be offered as part of the Prisma Data Platform. Have you ever wanted to build a preview-deployment service or a change data capture system from scratch? Come join us!
Who you are
What do we expect from you
- 5+ years of experience writing and shipping production code
- Passion for building highly scalable and reliable infrastructure
- Desire to pick up new technologies, languages and frameworks (knowing Rust is not required)
- You can communicate fluently in English and can express your thoughts clearly in writing
Additional qualifications that would give you the edge
- Have experience scaling projects, especially with Kubernetes and/or AWS
- You have experience operating mission-critical services and being on call
- Full-stack experience with TypeScript, React and GraphQL. We are ready to work on features end-to-end and implement customer-facing controls to get the work shipped
- Have experience working on a distributed team
What impact you would have
- Help us build trust with our customers by keeping the system highly available, participating in on-call rotations and postmortems
- Collaborate closely with product managers and other teams at Prisma to build the next generation of features for the Prisma Data Platform
- Improve existing features by evolving the underlying infrastructure
- Engage with our vibrant community of developers and help them succeed by using Prisma products
- Help us shape and uphold the high engineering standards by improving the way we write, test and maintain our code and documentation
About Engineering at Prisma
We praise ourselves on:
- ... having an ownership mindset. As part of a young startup, we all have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed
- ... staying nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. We are ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible
- … being kind and collaborative. As developers who build tools for other developers, we actively seek feedback, discuss ideas internally and engage our vibrant community to understand what to build next.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity for large global impact working on one of the fastest growing open-source tools. You will form part of the very beginnings of our journey into a commercial offering.
- We provide a Competitive Base Salary in line with industry standards for similar positions.
- As an early-stage startup we also provide competitive Stock-Option Grants.
- 24 Days paid vacation per year.
- 4 Days paid Mental Health Days per year.
- 6 Weeks fully paid Sabbatical Leave after 3 years.
- 20 Weeks fully paid Parental Leave.
- [US] Health, Dental, Vision + 401k Matching
- Generous Tech Budget to make sure you have all the hardware that you need.
- Ergonomic Chair subsidy
- Access to your local co-working space if you prefer to work from an external location to your home.
We are a remote-first organisation with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is up to you! We are open to discussing relocation assistance if you would like to join us in Berlin.
To ensure effective collaboration we can currently only accept candidates within the timezone GMT -6 to GMT +3.
What is the process like?
Our recruitment process roughly follows the structure below:
- Introductory call with someone from our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Interview with the Hiring Manager for the role.
- Interview with members of the Technical Team for the role.
- Take Home Assignment (with compensation) paired with a panel debrief of the assignment
Once you have accepted your offer, we will ask you to provide us with two references via HiPeople to help us gain some insights about you from your past colleagues and managers. These references checks are positive in nature and we use them to help us get a head-start on understanding your working-style.
What do I do now?
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please apply via our website, and include your LinkedIn profile (or Resume), writing samples, or anything else that you think might give us a good sense of who you are.
We will generally be in touch within 7 business days to let you know the outcome of your application.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.