Thousands of developers are using the Prisma tools to build applications and we want to help making them successful. That's why we're looking for a Developer Success Engineer to join our growing team.
What does a Developer Success Engineer do?
As a Developer Success Engineer, your main goal is to ensure developers can reach their goals by using Prisma, focusing, especially, on providing community support on the Prisma Slack, on GitHub, Stackoverflow and other channels where developers ask questions about Prisma.
As we are building out a commercial offering in addition to the open-source tools, you will become part of the professional support team that supports users of the commercial tools.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you should have a passion for community and helping and educating other developers.
Note that this role can be a great entry-point to transition into a product or engineering role later during your time at Prisma!
What is it like to work at Prisma?
You're likely to be a great fit for the team if you ...
- ... have an ownership mindset. As part of a small team, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
- ... think crossfunctionally. Your work will give you insight valuable to all parts of the company. Share your ideas and your learnings!
- ... stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
- ... be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback. We rely on each others' input to create great final results.
- Experience working with databases (eg. Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Excellent communicator (writing and speaking)
- Excitement for educating and helping developers
- A collaborative and feedback driven mindset
- Interest in working in a small fast-moving company
The main goal developers have when using Prisma is to build applications. Therefore, any additional knowledge and experience that you bring from the areas of general application development and software engineering is a great plus! For example:
- Experience with TypeScript, databases, or infrastructure is a plus
- Experience with APIs, REST, and GraphQL is a plus
- Experience in creating technical illustrations is a plus
- Interest in information architecture or how documentation content is structured is a plus
We are a remote first organisation with an office based in Berlin, Germany. For the sake of maintaining an effective working relationship, we are restricted to hiring remote employees from a timezone band ranging from UTC -7 to UTC -4 for this role.
What's in it for you
- Competitive compensation including a commensurate Stock Option Package.
- 24 Days Paid Time Off per year.
- A generous tech-budget to get you all the latest hardware and software that you need.
- Subsidised ergonomic chair.
- [US] 401k Matching, Health-, Vision-, and Dental Cover.
What is the process like?
Our recruitment process roughly follows the structure below:
- First Call with People Operations Team.
- Second Call with a Senior Developer Advocate and potential future manager.
- Take Home Assignment with compensation.
- Third Call with our Customer Success Manager.
- Final Call with our Head of Solutions Engineering.
What do I do now?
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please apply via our website, and include your LinkedIn profile (or Resume), Github Repo, or anything else that you think might give us a good sense of who you are.
We will generally be in touch within 7 business days to let you know the outcome of your application.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.