At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that power large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb and Facebook but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With $4.5M in funding from top-tier SV investor Kleiner Perkins we are a small and dedicated team in Berlin working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. At Prisma you will be part of a vibrant community. Prisma users often engage with the company on GitHub and Slack.
We are looking for a technical writer and educator to help us continue to build the Prisma Data Guide, a knowledge-base of educational material about Databases as well as work on copy throughout the website. The candidate should feel comfortable composing tutorials and step by step guides, as well as copy and blog posts for other kinds of content.
What you'll be working on:
- Data Guide Resources: Articles about working with databases as well as a data related concepts.
- Technical Marketing Content: White Papers, Emails, Newsletters, Landing page copy, etc
Working at Prisma:
- Have an ownership mindset. As part a small team, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
- Think crossfunctionally. Missing engineering features or design elements that could improve your workflow? Bring it up. The team is small and pitches in.
- Stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
- Be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback. We rely on each others' input to create great final results.
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases
- Strong writing ability and skill in creating engaging, highly technical copy
- A collaborative and feedback driven mindset
- Previous startup experience or interest in working in a small fast-moving company
- Experience with TypeScript or infrastructure is a plus
- Experience with APIs, REST, and GraphQL is a plus
- Experience in creating technical illustrations is a plus
- Experience or interest in making videos is a plus
- Interest in information architecture or how documentation content is structured is a plus
When applying for this position, please provide a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity for large global impact working on one of the fastest-growing open-source tools.
- Work either remotely or in our office in Berlin, Germany. For the sake of maintaining an effective working relationship, we are only hiring remote employees between the GMT-5 to GMT+3 timezones.
- Competitive compensation and employee stock options
- Generous tech budget to get you all the tools you need
- Twenty-four paid days off
- [US] Health, dental, vision + 401K matching.
What is the process like?
It is our intention to follow the process below for this position (although you could expect some exceptions when necessary):
- Introductory call with someone from our People Team.
- First Interview with the Head of Developer Relations
- Homework Assignment (with compensation).
- Second Interview with one of our Technical Writers that you will be working closely with.
- Third Interview with another Technical Writer from the broader team.
- [Potential] Final Interview with the Head of Developer Relations or someone else from the Leadership Team.
What do I do now?
If you are interested, please apply by sending us your CV/LinkedIn page and portfolio URL or writing sample via attachment. Portfolios that show your process, thinking and writing in addition to finished products are preferred. We are looking forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best with your application.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.