At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that power large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb and Facebook but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins we are a small distributed team working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. We have a vibrant community on Slack and Github - with over 40,000 members on Slack - where we regularly engage with the Prisma community.
What would you do at Prisma?
We are building a Cloud offering which will include a lot of UI flows typical in what you would find in a SaaS app with more Prisma-related capabilities on top of that. This, together with the ongoing work and development of our Prisma Studio app, will be the main areas of your work which would include:
- Developing the interface and interaction patterns of the Front End application.
- Collaborating with Product Designers on shaping the flows during the design process.
- Building high-quality and performant user interfaces.
- Maintaining and expanding Component Library.
As someone working at a start-up it is likely that you would also be required to work on quite a few ad-hoc tasks as and when they present themselves.
What are the requirements?
- 3+ years experience working with modern frontend frameworks (e.g. React, Gatsby, Vue etc.)
- 3+ years experience working with HTML & CSS.
- 1+ years experience working with TypeScript. (Note: We use TypeScript because we believe in the value it adds. If you are not an expert on TypeScript, but share our opinion, feel free to apply even if you have not used it extensively yet).
- Experience working in multidisciplinary Product teams.
- Some experience working with Component Libraries is a plus.
What is it like to work at Prisma?
You're likely to be a great fit for the team if you ...
- ... have an ownership mindset. As part of a small team, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
- ... stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
- ... be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
What's in it for you?
- We provide a Competitive Base Salary in line with industry standards for similar positions.
- As an early-stage startup we also provide competitive Stock-Option Grants for all employees.
- 24 Days paid vacation per year.
- Generous Tech Budget to make sure you have all the hardware that you need.
We are a remote-first organisation with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is up to you! We are open to discussing relocation assistance if you would like to join us in Berlin.
That being said, for the sake of maintaining an effective working relationship, we are restricted to hiring remote employees from a timezone band ranging from GMT-5 to GMT+3.
Note on COVID-19: Relocation to Berlin is temporarily suspended until we believe that travel is safe again.
What is our hiring process like?
- Introductory Call with someone from the Talent Acquisition team.
- First Interview with the VP of Design.
- Take-Home Assignment (with compensation)
- Second Interview with the Product Manager that will form part of your cross-functional team.
- Technical Interview with one of our Senior Engineers.
- Value Fit Interview with the Engineering Manager.
The above serves as a basic outline, we might choose to add or remove steps based on the information that we gather during the process.
If you believe that this is the right position for you then please send your resume along with any supporting documentation or information to us via the link provided on this page. We typically respond within 7 business days.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.