At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that power large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb and Facebook but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins we are a small and dedicated distributed team, working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. At Prisma you will be part of a vibrant community. Prisma users often engage with the company on GitHub and Slack.
As our first Product Marketing hire, we are looking for a candidate to take on a crucial role at Prisma and act as the sole expert in this area. You will work in the intersection between our Product and Developer Relations/Marketing teams and will be hugely impactful in helping to define the audience for Prisma's various open source, free, and commercial offerings.
Some of the things you will be working on include:
- Storytelling: Creating a compelling narrative about Prisma and its product offerings to inspire and guide the developer relations team.
- Audience & Positioning: Helping the position the content produced from the company to appeal to specific types of developers.
- Prioritising the technical trends that Prisma should be a part of: You should be aware of new technical tools that come on the market and highlight how Prisma can take the most advantage of them.
- Coaching and mentoring team members: Scaling your function by providing guidance to the rest of the team and helping people understand product marketing approaches better
- Laying out strategy for Prisma landscape of offerings: Prioritising and helping to determine adoption metrics for various Prisma offerings.
- Leading launches: Offering guidance around tone and strategy for various Prisma product launches. Create plans and goals for post launch adoption.
- Measuring adoption: Identifying and communicating adoption trends within specific target and user groups for the product.
- 4+ **years experience working in a Product Marketing role, preferably at a growing startup focused on developer tooling
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally, as well as with a leadership team
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience in crafting messages directed at individual developers, teams, and enterprises
What's it like to work at Prisma?
You are likely to be a great for the team if you:
...have an ownership mindset. As part of a small team, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
...stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
...be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity for large global impact working on one of the fastest-growing open-source tools
- Work either remotely or in our office in Berlin, Germany. For the sake of maintaining an effective working relationship, we are only hiring remote employees between the GMT-5 to GMT+2 timezones.
- Competitive compensation and employee stock options
- Generous tech budget to get you all the tools you need
- Twenty-four paid days off
- [US] Health, dental, vision + 401K matching.
What is the process like?
It is our intention to follow the process below for this position (although you could expect some exceptions when necessary):
- Introductory call with our People Operations person
- First Interview with the Head of Developer Relations
- Homework Assignment (with compensation) followed by a debrief with members of the Developer Relations team
- Second Interview with a member of the leadership team
- [Potential] Final interview with the CEO
What do I do now?
If you are interested, please apply by sending us your CV/LinkedIn page and portfolio URL. Portfolios that show your process, thinking and writing in addition to finished products are preferred. We are looking forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best with your application.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.