Prisma's mission is to take the pain out of data for developers and businesses. We're helping teams of developers be more productive and confident working with their databases, and we believe that everyone, not just the Twitters and Facebooks should have the kind of tooling that makes it possible.
We're a small and dedicated team, with ample funding, mostly based in Berlin. We believe that good design is at the core of great developer experience, and well-considered products and interfaces continue being our competitive advantage.
As a Product Designer at Prisma you'll be working closely with Product Management and Engineering on building and shipping products for developers and teams of all sizes.
- Take ambiguous and sometimes highly technical problem spaces and help the team explore and visualize product direction.
- Design flows, prototypes and high-quality visuals for our product's interfaces, marketing and documentation websites, and brand and marketing collateral.
- Gather and incorporate feedback from your peers, cross-functional partners and people using our products.
- Work closely with engineers and hold responsibility for the quality of the shipped experience.
- Help build and evolve our internal design system
One of the most exciting aspects of working at a young company is the opportunity to influence both company culture and direction, and we're hoping you'll bring a unique perspective that'll challenge the way we do things and develop the role of design further.
- Have a 2+ year track record designing and shipping complex tools and experiences in teams with product managers and engineers.
- Be a generalist or with a generalist mindset- there's equal opportunities to be impactful designing APIs or command-line interfaces and crafting high-quality visuals for tools and marketing materials (sometimes within the same day).
- Effective written and spoken communication skills.
- Some front-end engineering experience and knowledge of relational databases. Bonus points for experience designing developer-focused products and passion for the builder mindset.
What it's like working at Prisma
- Small startup means large ownership opportunities. You'll have outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
- While we think we're making smart decisions and try our best planning ahead, we're still early and sometimes plans change. You'll thrive if you're comfortable with the normal ebbs and flows of building products.
- We're building a kind and collaborative environment. Come in ready to share your ideas and hungry for feedback and growth.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity for large global impact working on one of the fastest-growing open-source tools
- Work either remotely or in our office in Berlin, Germany. For the sake of maintaining an effective working relationship, we are only hiring remote employees between the GMT-5 to GMT+2 timezones.
- Competitive compensation and employee stock options
- Generous tech budget to get you all the tools you need
- Twenty-four paid days off
- [US] Health, dental, vision + 401K matching.
What is the process like?
It is our intention to follow the process below for this position (although you could expect some exceptions when necessary):
- Introductory call with our People Operations person.
- First Interview with the VP of Design.
- Homework Assignment (with compensation) followed by a debrief and portfolio presentation, and virtual on-site round of 4 interviews.
What do I do now?
If you are interested, please apply by sending us your CV/LinkedIn page and portfolio URL. Portfolios that show your process, thinking and writing in addition to finished products are preferred. We are looking forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best with your application.