At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that power large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb and Facebook but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With $4.5M in funding from top-tier SV investor Kleiner Perkins we are a small and dedicated team in Berlin working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. At Prisma you will be part of a vibrant community and engage with our many users and customers on GitHub and Slack.
Working on the core of Prisma, you will have the opportunity to learn from a group of experienced engineers and work with modern technologies such as TypeScript, Node.JS, Electron, React, GatsbyJS, Cypress and a broad range of modern databases.
What you will do
You will work as an equal peer in our full stack. On a normal day at Prisma, you could be working on any of the following items:
- Work on new libraries & tools that will be used as building blocks internally and our users
- You can communicate fluently in English and can express your thoughts clearly in writing
The following points are plusses, but please do apply even if you don't fulfill every single one.
- You have a background in design or working on a product
- You have worked on a complex project (comparable to applications like Slack, Notion, Front or VSCode) where you had to solve state handling challenges with a good architecture
- You care about the user experience people have while interacting with a tool
- You are the maintainer of an open source project
- You enjoy working closely with your peers and proactively seek to help others
- You seek feedback early and often and are not afraid to ask for help
Note: This is an on-site position that require you to re-locate to Berlin. We offer a generous re-location package to help you settle in.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.