The Print Technician reports to the Technical Support Manager and is responsible for performing daily, weekly and monthly printer preventative maintenance on Printforia's fleet of digital printing technology (digital printers, dryers, etc.) to maintain the uptime of their shift. You are the first line of defense for resolving minor technical issues, or escalating issues they cannot resolve. You will contribute to meeting or exceeding the performance measures established for the overall technical support team. Familiarity and know-how using general tools, ie; screwdrivers, wrenches, sockets is a must.
You’ll create impact by:
- Ensuring image quality, running nozzle tests at the start of shift, correcting any print head dropout flaws and performing daily maintenance on the printer.
- Assuring all printer cabinets are kept clean and functional, maintaining general cleanliness of overall printer and surrounding area.
- Flawlessly and thoroughly handing off shift to your counterpart on incoming shift; bringing incoming Print Technician up to speed on any issues that occurred during their shift.
- Providing input and/or assistance in formulating new policies and procedures related to printer maintenance.
- Acting as level one support as issues arise; if issue cannot be resolved expeditiously, responsible to escalate to level two.
- Documenting and reporting issues accurately.
- Exhibiting strong knowledge in printer operation
- Identifying and escalating any low stock levels of printer consumables.
- Documenting shift activities related to printer performance.
What you’ll need:
- 1-3 years of experience of diagnosing, repairing, and supporting the overall general maintenance of print machinery, preferably inkjet machine experience.
- Ability to provide detailed technical feedback relevant to the status of the machine.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Mechanical, electrical and printing knowledge and capabilities.
- General computer skills and knowledge of computer technology.
- High level of intellectual curiosity and continuous desire to learn and grow.
- Desire to take on high-level of responsibility in regards to ownership of the machine.
Differentiators will have:
- Experience operating industrial inkjet equipment (Ovaljet, Durst, EFI, Agfa, etc.).
- Experience troubleshooting electro-mechanical equipment.
- Familiar with RIP software (Fiery XF, Caldera, Onyx, etc).
- Familiar with using multimeter, reading schematics, and interpreting technical manuals.
- Understanding of navigating computer workstations and basic networking familiarity
Perks and benefits:
- 100% company-paid health benefits: medical, dental, vision.
- Equity that could be life-changing.
- A take-what-you-need PTO policy for salaried employees.
- All-inclusive, tight-knit, startup environment that offers career and personal growth.
- Over roasted & burnt coffee.
- Free shirts from time to time.
Printforia is transforming manufacturing and fulfillment by leveraging technology, machine learning and core IP. We’re enabling access to Supply Chain Zero™; initially focusing on the direct-to-garment customized apparel market. We developed a smarter way with a platform that learns over time.
We believe in moving quickly to innovate on behalf of our customers, whether internal or external, and we highly value thinking about the consequences of our actions. We are building more than a printing business.
Ready to co-create the future?
Printforia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe diversity is vitally important to our company's value and includes everyone, from everywhere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.