Primer builds and deploys mission-ready AI solutions that meet rapidly evolving defense and security needs. Primer is recognized for fast speed to deployment, powered by a proven ML infrastructure, and the high performance and accuracy of AI/ML models required to inform critical decision making. Primer’s AI capabilities scale from off-the-shelf applications to secure on-premises deployments, trained on state-of-the-art custom models against customer data sets. Multiple National Security and Intelligence Community (IC) agencies as well as global commercial enterprises trust Primer with next-generation AI technologies that accelerate decision superiority. For more information, visit https://primer.ai
Primer is proud to be recognized on two of Built In’s “2022 Best Places to Work” lists. For the second year in a row, Primer was one of the “Best Midsize Companies to Work For” – ranked No. 21 out of 100 companies – and named as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the San Francisco Bay Area.
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll guide products from ideation to launch for some of the world’s largest enterprises. You’ll be responsible for understanding customer needs through data, conversations, and any other means necessary. You’ll work closely with Engineering, Design, and the business. You’ll face problems that require a mix of technical knowledge, creativity, critical thinking, and business acumen.
Product development at Primer moves rapidly between research, design, engineering, and testing. Product managers keep this process running smoothly, making sure everyone has a shared understanding of the big picture. Product managers manage innovation within the constraints of delivery deadlines and evolving customer needs. They jump between strategic planning, problem-solving facilitation, ideation sessions, deep-dives into scientific literature, and user feedback. We want a team player who enjoys delivering customer value with technology and can speak the 10,000 ft strategic language to customers or the deep dive with your engineering counterparts.
Role Responsibilities - How You Will Make an Impact:
You are a product leader (with government experience preferred) who will oversee one of our critical products and manage multiple customer projects on the platform.
- Roadmap: Work with customers, the business, and engineering to set strategy and collect and prioritize requirements.
- Execute: Work with data scientists, machine learning engineers, software engineers, and designers to build products that delight our customers.
- Invent: Work with our talented prototyping team to propose and build innovative ideas in SBIRs (Small Business Innovation Research) or RFPs. Build trust with your teams and customers to understand their workflows, and deliver mission-ready practical AI solutions that help agencies protect us. Think widely about potential applications of machine learning and natural language processing techniques, translating the capabilities of these techniques into business value for customers.
- Leadership: Ability to inspire engineer / design teams and have a clear executive aligned strategy for the product growth areas. Understand customer needs and convert it to capabilities that are differentiated in the market. Be a player coach who can collaborate across multiple cross functional teams with the common language of the customer.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 2+ years of product management for a technology company (bonus for experience with enterprise software)
- Demonstrated success in delivering new products and features
- Ability to set strategic direction, prioritize, and articulate the rationale behind decisions
- Ability to build and share a representative and empathetic understanding of customers
- Excellent writing and communication skills to bring along engineering, business teams and executives
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Ability to transition between drafting product requirements and leading engineering and design team to make product requirements a reality
- Ability to travel to the customer site or to the DC office for customer & team meetings
- Eligible for a TS clearance
- Familiarity with the DoD or IC acquisitions process
- Preferred experience working with Data Scientists or Machine Learning engineers
This role will consider applicants out of San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC
The annual cash compensation range for this position is US$175,000 to US$225,000. Final compensation will be determined based on experience and skills and may vary from the range listed above.
What We Offer
We are a series C funded company with investors from Lux Capital, Amplify Partners, Addition Capital, Bloomberg Beta, and others.
We are intentional around building a diverse and inclusive team of subject matter experts to better advocate for the needs of our users.
We care a lot about our work and about the well being of our team. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy for team members to utilize, Wellness Days and 100% paid leave for parents of growing families.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. This includes full medical, dental, and vision coverage, fertility benefits through Carrot, mental health coverage on demand with Ginger, 401(k) (US employees), remote work stipends, and monthly internet allowance.
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.