Primer builds and deploys mission-ready AI solutions that meet rapidly evolving defense and security needs. Primer is recognized for fast speed to deployment, powered by a proven ML infrastructure, and the high performance and accuracy of AI/ML models required to inform critical decision making. Primer’s AI capabilities scale from off-the-shelf applications to secure on-premises deployments, trained on state-of-the-art custom models against customer data sets. Multiple National Security and Intelligence Community (IC) agencies as well as global commercial enterprises trust Primer with next-generation AI technologies that accelerate decision superiority. For more information, visit https://primer.ai
Primer is proud to be recognized on two of Built In’s “2022 Best Places to Work” lists. For the second year in a row, Primer was one of the “Best Midsize Companies to Work For” – ranked No. 21 out of 100 companies – and named as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the San Francisco Bay Area.
As the Security and Compliance Manager, you will support Primer’s Public Sector business as the lead for federal security and compliance with US government contracts. Your most important responsibility will be to achieve and maintain Primer’s compliance with initiatives such as NIST 800-171/CMMC 2.0, and FedRamp processes. Additionally, you will wear several hats including acting as the Facility Security Officer (FSO) and the Personnel Security Officer (PSO) for Primer Federal and serving as the resident expert on US federal programs including Export Control and the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process for DOD.
Working with Primer Federal, you will be responsible for driving forward progress on Authority To Operate (ATO) processes, and maturing security and compliance controls to support a GCC High IT environment. You will also be expected to work cross-functionally across other parts of Primer, such as the Legal, Human Resources, Product and Engineering teams. In general, this role requires high levels of trust, autonomy, and balancing security requirements with delivery needs.
Role Responsibilities - How You Will Make an Impact:
- Drive Primer’s federal security programs, to include NIST 800-171/CMMC 2.0, Export Control, FedRAMP, DoD/CC SRG, and help align security strategy with business goals.
- Work with other internal Primer teams to lead the rollout of practical changes required for compliance - this would include gathering detailed IT requirements and budget, thinking through and revamping processes, and being very detail oriented and ready to learn about technologies and trade offs between technologies.
- Create and maintain program-specific training for employees and ensuring policies are being enforced.
- Serve as the official FSO for Primer Federal. While this doesn't require previous experience as an FSO, you will be required to complete any required training courses to obtain necessary certifications.
- Serve as the PSO for Primer Federal, assisting personnel with security clearances and providing identification validation.
- Organize and lead future security/compliance gap analyses and assessments, in a hands-on way by writing and pulling together documentation, diagrams, identifying/tracking tasks for internal Primer teams (e.g. Engineering, Product, etc.), and communicating with external stakeholders.
- Comprehend Risk Management Framework (RMF) accreditation requirements for specific customer deployments, and be able to translate those requirements into an actionable project plan to meet customer timelines.
- Utilize your expertise to ensure Primer Federal’s GGC High IT environment continually meets federal requirements for processing and storing sensitive data.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- US citizenship required
- Located in the DC metro area
- Experience with FedRamp and RMF processes
- Familiarity with relevant NIST, Export Controls, and NISPOM requirements
- General technical knowledge of cloud technologies and platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Active TS/SCI security clearance preferred
- 3+ years of professional experience working in or with the US Department of Defense or related US Government organizations
- Bonus points for CISSP/CISM certification, experience in knowledge of Department of Defense acquisition processes, software development cycle, key machine learning concepts, contract execution, proposal writing, consulting, or deploying quantitative solutions
The annual cash compensation range for this position is US$185,000 to US$206,000. Final compensation will be determined based on experience and skills and may vary from the range listed above.
COVID - 19: This role requires compliance with all federal mandates and regulations applicable to federal contractors and subcontractors, as they change over time, including Covid-19 vaccination mandates.
What We Offer
We are a series C funded company with investors from Lux Capital, Amplify Partners, Addition Capital, Bloomberg Beta, and others.
We are intentional around building a diverse and inclusive team of subject matter experts to better advocate for the needs of our users.
We care a lot about our work and about the well being of our team. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy for team members to utilize, Wellness Days and 100% paid leave for parents of growing families.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. This includes full medical, dental, and vision coverage, fertility benefits through Carrot, mental health coverage on demand with Ginger, 401(k) (US employees), remote work stipends, and monthly internet allowance.
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.