Primer builds and deploys mission-ready AI solutions that meet rapidly evolving defense and security needs. Primer is recognized for fast speed to deployment, powered by a proven ML infrastructure, and the high performance and accuracy of AI/ML models required to inform critical decision making. Primer’s AI capabilities scale from off-the-shelf applications to secure on-premises deployments, trained on state-of-the-art custom models against customer data sets. Multiple National Security and Intelligence Community (IC) agencies as well as global commercial enterprises trust Primer with next-generation AI technologies that accelerate decision superiority. For more information, visit https://primer.ai
Primer is proud to be recognized on two of Built In’s “2022 Best Places to Work” lists. For the second year in a row, Primer was one of the “Best Midsize Companies to Work For” – ranked No. 21 out of 100 companies – and named as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the San Francisco Bay Area.
About the Role:
Want to create the tools behind the decisions that change the world? This is what we do every day at Primer.
As a Senior Account Executive, you will be supported by a team of accomplished big data, AI/ML, and industry specialists. Primer is building a world-class sales culture for individuals who are self-motivated, customer-focused, creative, and passionate about AI and ML. This role is a unique opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way on high-visibility, high-impact projects in a fast-growing segment of our business.
We’re hiring for roles covering DOD, IC, and Civilian agencies.
Role Responsibilities - How You Will Make an Impact:
- Identify and expand on assigned territory, meet and exceed sales goals through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities
- Deliver presentations and demonstrations highlighting the advantages, features, and functions of Primer’s platform technologies
- Oversee the entire sales cycle while collaborating closely with cross-functional teams including sales engineering, professional services, marketing, and legal
- Be the trusted advisor to the customer by understanding their existing and future IT roadmap to drive Primer’s solution
- Execute ongoing account management working with current customers in order to drive consumption and expansion of business
- Drive solution-based selling, manage a complex sales process, and possess excellent presentation, listening, organization, and contact management skills
- Employ Methods for co-developing business cases and gaining support from C-level Executives
- Navigate sales methodologies and process, e.g Territory and Account planning, MEDDPICC, Challenger Sales and Command of the Message
Relevant Skills and Experiences:
- Excellent executive-level verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship management skills
- 5+ years of field sales experience in the SaaS space, experience within data management, analytics, business intelligence preferred
- A track record of success in selling software platform subscriptions into net new complex accounts, demonstrated by overachievement of quota ( $1M+ of ARR) and strong customer references
- Understanding of Public Sector procurement frameworks and mechanisms
- Expertise within a specific vertical including Public Sector and DoD Specifically
- Proven ability and comfort in negotiating and closing legal agreements with customers and supporting new customers through our on-boarding process
- Proven history of quota over-achievement when selling complex software and services to Enterprise accounts
- Ability to travel to client sites in the DC Metro area and possibly across the country; 25-30% of travel expected
The annual cash compensation range for this sales position is US $300,000 to US $400,000. Final compensation will be determined based on experience and skills and may vary from the range listed above.
What We Offer
We are a series C funded company with investors from Lux Capital, Amplify Partners, Addition Capital, Bloomberg Beta, and others.
We are intentional around building a diverse and inclusive team of subject matter experts to better advocate for the needs of our users.
We care a lot about our work and about the well being of our team. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy for team members to utilize, Wellness Days and 100% paid leave for parents of growing families.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. This includes full medical, dental, and vision coverage, fertility benefits through Carrot, mental health coverage on demand with Ginger, 401(k) (US employees), remote work stipends, and monthly internet allowance.
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.