Primer builds and deploys mission-ready AI solutions that meet rapidly evolving defense and security needs. Primer is recognized for fast speed to deployment, powered by a proven ML infrastructure, and the high performance and accuracy of AI/ML models required to inform critical decision making. Primer’s AI capabilities scale from off-the-shelf applications to secure on-premises deployments, trained on state-of-the-art custom models against customer data sets. Multiple National Security and Intelligence Community (IC) agencies as well as global commercial enterprises trust Primer with next-generation AI technologies that accelerate decision superiority. For more information, visit https://primer.ai
Primer is proud to be recognized on two of Built In’s “2022 Best Places to Work” lists. For the second year in a row, Primer was one of the “Best Midsize Companies to Work For” – ranked No. 21 out of 100 companies – and named as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the San Francisco Bay Area.
About the Role:
The Proposal Manager will be responsible for leading the proposal development process and managing internal resources to produce high-quality proposal responses. This position will design the strategy and directly implement Primer’s approach to winning new and additional US Federal Government business. The Manager will use their understanding of our technology, strategic business objectives, and US government solicitations to identify, direct and manage proposals, business capture, and expansion opportunities in collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams across Primer. This role will be responsible for generating compelling, value-driven content and creating necessary collateral to ensure success and close new deals. This position will champion best practices and guidelines to ensure consistent high-quality proposal content production.
This position will give you exposure to, and education about, every aspect of Primer’s business in the exciting and dynamic field of AI. The role is ideal for someone with a passion for technology, strong technical writing skills, and a background in US national security or US public sector.
Role Responsibilities - How You Will Make an Impact:
- Proposal Management: You will be responsible for reviewing and tracking all content requirements for proposals, developing a schedule from RFP release to proposal submission, ensuring all deadlines are met and action items are assigned and completed in a timely manner. You will maintain a proposal database/tracking system by identifying new additions to the repository and reviewing existing responses on a regular basis. You will collaborate with Primer’s contracts and compliance managers to complete data calls and other information collection / deliverables for business development leads as part of subcontracting and teaming arrangements.
- Proposal Writing: You will create the narratives and documents that drive Primer’s success in Public Sector RFP’s and solicitations. You will work closely with colleagues from Business Development, Sales, Engineering, Product, and Marketing to ensure compelling proposals in alignment with Primer’s business objectives and technology offerings.
- Opportunity Identification and Qualification: You will use your knowledge of the US Government to identify relevant opportunities for Primer and review, assess, and analyze various types of pre-solicitations (sources sought/RFIs) and solicitations to determine opportunity fit. You will identify teaming opportunities with federal systems integrators (FSIs), FFRDCs, other small businesses etc.
- Capture Strategy: You will design Primer’s strategy to pursue government opportunities. You will be responsible for developing a narrative for Primer in the National Security space, helping to build and solidify our reputation as the U.S. government’s NLP/G provider of choice for complex national security solutions. You will work with business units across the company to execute Primer’s capture, pricing and outreach strategy.
- Content Generation: You will use your creativity and technical knowledge to curate and develop a content library of proposals, briefs and graphics that can be used to advance business opportunities company-wide.
Relevant Skills and Experiences:
- 5+ years of experience with US Federal Government solicitations
- Ability to hold US Government clearance
- Familiarity with public sector acquisitions processes for US Federal Government (particularly DoD), including planning, programming and budget cycles, and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Excellent technical writing and organizational skills
- Understanding of SBIR process
- Understanding of artificial intelligence use cases in national security and intelligence workflows
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Veteran status preferred
- Understanding of artificial intelligence use cases in national security
- Basic knowledge of government agencies and their technology investment priorities
- Familiarity with the government acquisition process
The annual cash compensation range for this position is US$120,000 to US$180,000. Final compensation will be determined based on experience and skills and may vary from the range listed above.
COVID - 19: This role requires compliance with all federal mandates and regulations applicable to federal contractors and subcontractors, as they change over time, including Covid-19 vaccination mandates.
What We Offer
We are a series C funded company with investors from Lux Capital, Amplify Partners, Addition Capital, Bloomberg Beta, and others.
We are intentional around building a diverse and inclusive team of subject matter experts to better advocate for the needs of our users.
We care a lot about our work and about the well being of our team. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy for team members to utilize, Wellness Days and 100% paid leave for parents of growing families.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. This includes full medical, dental, and vision coverage, fertility benefits through Carrot, mental health coverage on demand with Ginger, 401(k) (US employees), remote work stipends, and monthly internet allowance.
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.